Fancyarcher

Film Scores 2017

One of my favorite ones was IT. I might not love Get Out as much as everyone else but it has an extremely memorable score (especially Chris & Roses theme).

I just saw The Shape Of Water last night so I've only heard that score once but could easily see how it would be on here. Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049 too.

Amazing what Hans Zimmer can do with a metronome.

The Shape of Water's score is absolutely wonderful, but another score this year that I really liked was Mansell's Loving Vincent. Really interesting canvas of ideas, no pun intended. Overall it wasn't an especially great year though, I listened to less scores this year, then I did in 2016 or 2015. 

36 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

One of my favorite ones was IT. I might not love Get Out as much as everyone else but it has an extremely memorable score (especially Chris & Roses theme).

I just saw The Shape Of Water last night so I've only heard that score once but could easily see how it would be on here. Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049 too.

Amazing what Hans Zimmer can do with a metronome.

The IT score is pretty good. While the Pennywise material is very standard modern horror, the kid's stuff is very Williamesque in nature, which I quite liked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I really enjoyed Three Billboards and All the Money in the World, both underrated scores

The Three Billboards score was super effective in the film, and a decent listen on its own too. Like most of Burwell's scores it's intentionally restrained, but the downbeat sad sound of Mildred's theme, along with a solo guitar very much fit the film's tone quite well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, New Year New Panda said:

I really enjoyed Three Billboards and All the Money in the World, both underrated scores

Agreed re: All the Money’s soundtrack. 

Other worthy already-mentioned mentions: The Last Jedi and Shape of Water. 

• Like 1