That One Girl

The Kid Who Would be King | March 1 2019 | Fox | Joe Cornish directs

It's so strange that September 2018 has three family films in it, you'd think one of them would move to August or October. I'm guessing as Miss Peregrine did alright in late September, Fox thinks this could do similar business. 

Edited by Jonwo

35 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's so strange that September 2018 has three family films in it, you'd think one of them would move to August or October. I'm guessing as Miss Peregrine did alright in late September, Fox thinks this could do similar business. 

I would argue that small family films really should be released frequently. But now I see what you mean on how close together they're being released.

40 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Smallfoot needs to get out.

"Now, with the most powerful sword in history in the hands of the most powerless schoolboy in Britain, an epic adventure begins as Alex and his friends must thwart a medieval villain named Morgana..."

Ow, my brain hurts.

I mean, the people involved are smart. Hopefully this is a clever and mythologically faithful spin on a contemporary Arthur, rather than the dreary slop the synopsis suggests. (tbf the synopsis was probably written by studio marketers and aimed at catching the YA eye.)

44 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

"Now, with the most powerful sword in history in the hands of the most powerless schoolboy in Britain, an epic adventure begins as Alex and his friends must thwart a medieval villain named Morgana..."

Ow, my brain hurts.

I mean, the people involved are smart. Hopefully this is a clever and mythologically faithful spin on a contemporary Arthur, rather than the dreary slop the synopsis suggests. (tbf the synopsis was probably written by studio marketers and aimed at catching the YA eye.)

Honestly, the whole "modern kid discovers Camelot" thing reminds me of this little Disney masterpiece:

Kid_in_king_arthurs_court_poster.jpg

That's probably not a good sign.