Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm going to be pissed if The Beguiled doesn't go wide out of the gate on June 23.

If it gets a great reception when it screens at Cannes (really looking forward to seeing the reactions to that movie, mostly because I can already imagine a bunch of white blogger dudes saying they were uncomfortable watching a movie in which a bunch of vengeful bitches get the upper hand over Colin Farrell), I wouldn't be surprised if they put it in wide release right off the bat as an adult-friendly choice among the more CGI-laden summer fare.

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

The sum total of all these Hailee gifs is that I'll probably never see the movie now. 

Nuh-uh Tele, I watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for you, and this is how you repay me? :sadben: 

Just now, filmlover said:

If it gets a great reception when it screens at Cannes (really looking forward to seeing the reactions to that movie, mostly because I can already imagine a bunch of white blogger dudes saying they were uncomfortable watching a movie in which a bunch of vengeful bitches get the upper hand over Colin Farrell), I wouldn't be surprised if they put it in wide release right off the bat as an adult-friendly choice among the more CGI-laden summer fare.

I can already imagine Jeff Wells. 

Just now, filmlover said:

You should! The Edge of Seventeen is a great movie, man.

It's poisoned for me now. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nuh-uh Tele, I watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for you, and this is how you repay me? :sadben: 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I want Colin Farrell to go full Ray Velcoro in the film. "YE VENGEFUL BITCHES!!!!!" is a start.