Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

13 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Sanders will still be sent off to the glue factory alongside the Fantastic Four 2015 guy.

Sanders never pissed off studio executives by openly denouncing his own film before it was released though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Fox will easily make their money back then. Thinking $20M domestic/$65M Worldwide.

$65m WW would be fine, the previous films did $72-77m WW and it'll still be profitable. 

26 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hoping for a -70% for Alien Covenant on second week-end, forcing Fox to pull the plug on whatever Scott is cooking next for this rotting franchise.

This is going to have toxic WOM, I'm pretty sure about this. I don't see any public being satisfied with this movie, fans are going to hate Ridley's decisions, while the GP searching for some Horror will be disappointed with the lack of creativity, and lack of jump scares. I wouldn't be surprised with an under Godzilla multiple. 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This is going to have toxic WOM, I'm pretty sure about this. I don't see any public being satisfied with this movie, fans are going to hate Ridley's decisions, while the GP searching for some Horror will be disappointed with the lack of creativity, and lack of jump scares. I wouldn't be surprised with an under Godzilla multiple. 

I think it'll have mixed WOM more than toxic but it's not going to have Prometheus' legs

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Maybe not, but every 15-18 year old I know does. And theyre

Were the 15-18 year old's ever going to watch it? Maybe the franchise was bigger in the states but I've never even heard anyone mention those movies and I was around that age when they came out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe not, but every 15-18 year old I know does. And theyre

Even some of the younger ones like surprisingly the 10-12 year olds are pissed off too.

Just now, aabattery said:

Were the 15-18 year old's ever going to watch it? Maybe the franchise was bigger in the states but I've never even heard anyone mention those movies and I was around that age when they came out.

Most of us were around 5-8 when the book came out and 8-11 when the first movie came out. Trust me, no gave a shit after the third movie though, but most were mad due to nostalgia.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Most of us were around 5-8 when the book came out and 8-11 when the first movie came out. Trust me, no gave a shit after the third movie though, but most were mad due to nostalgia.

So why do you care whether they were mad or not if they weren't watching anyway?

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I just can't understand being mad at recasting in a franchise like Wimpy Kid.

Especially since the original cast are too old by now.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Even some of the younger ones like surprisingly the 10-12 year olds are pissed off too.

10-12 year olds really shouldn't be on Twitter or any social media and there are better things to be annoyed about rather than a role being recast. 

Just now, aabattery said:

I just can't understand being mad at recasting in a franchise like Wimpy Kid. Oh well, I'm not the demo for it.

Neither do I. And I had most of the books as a kid.