Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dammit.

GotG2 is definitely hitting 358 m DOM with Memorial Day coming up.

Just lost 20,000 in the Summer Game.

That's a Deadline early number - you know by now those are almost never close...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's a Deadline early number - you know by now those are almost never close...

Maybe it's just me but they seem to be getting better at weekend estimates.

Perhaps they have Rth on the payroll. :bourne:

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Next week Guardians will lose part? of imax and lots of PLF screens next week to Alien. So that will have an impact on next week's hold. CW dropped 55% in its 3rd weekend.

Civil War fell that much because it sucked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Next week Guardians will lose part? of imax and lots of PLF screens next week to Alien. So that will have an impact on next week's hold. CW dropped 55% in its 3rd weekend.

I think it'll drop about 50%. Sure there will be some teenage boys (*cough* @WrathOfHan *cough*) buying tickets to Guardians to try and sneak into Alien and other two openers won't have any impact on it whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

:rofl:.That's Subjective

I'm basing it on having a run similar to Winter Soldier.

And it is subjective.  :Look, I'm sorry if we butted heads the other day.  It wasn't my intention.  I apologize if I came off as a dick.  It wasn't my intention.

But I can assure you I am not a Marvel loonie.  In fact I dislike more of the MCU than like.  I just believe GoTG2 will have a run like WS did....hence the 45-47% drop next weekend.

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

45%-50%. Remember CW did have more competition on it's third weekend and the fact that you needed to know 6-8 films prior to understand it, may have turned off some of the GA.

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

If Civil War had a 5 minute Stallone cameo it would've became his "best movie of 2016".

I hated Expendables 3 and was disappointed with part 2 as well.  

I am usually objective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

But CW opened to ~30 m less than Civil War.

A similar run would mean similar legs, but not the same dom total.

Yea, but CW had a weak multiplier.