Here is an excerpt from the 2008 Statistical Yearbook from the BFI:

The most popular film on terrestrial television was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, with 7.7 million viewers

tuning in to its premiere on ITV1. In theatrical audience terms, this is equivalent to a box office gross

of £40 million (actual gross was £49 million).

This statistic is amazing for me because the BBC1 premiere of Cliffhanger in 1996 received 12.68 million viewers. That is simply amazing. TV viewership has declined a lot, but TV is still regarded as the most popular way to watch movies.

French ratings do not take any account into whether an American show is renewed or not. Total viewers don't really matter that much in American television. The only show I know of to be renewed based on total viewers in the last ten years is the first season of Harry's Law...and then it got cancelled after a second season.Castle didn't do as well it could have but at the same time, it'll probably be renewed since it's not doing THAT terrible. It'll probably be doing average for ABC or right below average.

i know this is the case alas! i was just ranting because its amazing how many shows get the axe doing well in total viewers but how dare they fail the all important demo bar tsk tskright now i'm just over the moon some tin man suit over at FOX found a heart in time and was willing to save fringe for a fifth season and what a premiere it was...loved it!

This statistic is amazing for me because the BBC1 premiere of Cliffhanger in 1996 received 12.68 million viewers. That is simply amazing. TV viewership has declined a lot, but TV is still regarded as the most popular way to watch movies.

I would say it's just more spread out than before.

anyone watched "666 park avenue"? i thought it was ok , i'm not into horror shows or films usually stay away so i don't think i'll keep watching it! but i hope it works out because i like terry o'quinn and vanessa williams...so good luck to them

Cool report on Live+7 (DVR) ratings. Audience is nearly doubled in some extreme cases.http://www.deadline....comment-3668342

I don't understand why they are important - most people simply skip over the ad-blocsas a broadcaster I would use more product placements and and would run silent ads during the show on he left or the right (randomly changing, so that no software can get rid of it automatically)

I mean we can't keep the ratings. So you won't be able to find what the shows did beyond a day or two.

Glee is a hit among the most important target group (14-49) and thats all what matters in the end because TV spots are much more expensive which makes the show more profitable.

well you can post 2 weeks after it is released and kkep it archived but only if you post it 2 weeks after it is posted otherwide if you post them 2 weeks before and when there released then you have to delete them 2 weeks after