grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Boner Omega said:

Yeah, I got Thursday done early yesterday, 11 shows for SMH.  Then I was able to complete the rough draft of the weekends schedule and I'm about to head in and finish it off.

I am guessing the AMC booker (or whoever does the weekend schedules) headed home for a holiday or something which is why AMC theaters were able to get weekend schedules up a day in advance :P 

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am guessing the AMC booker (or whoever does the weekend schedules) headed home for a holiday or something which is why AMC theaters were able to get weekend schedules up a day in advance :P 

Yeah, which believe me, I'm super excited about.  They get Monday holidays off, we don't.  So then we have about 4 hours on Tuesday's to get the schedule done and I'm slow making these the AMC way so I hate it.  

The two Wednesday openers in a row wasn't fun either.  You can't publish any times after Monday because Tuesday are the early shows, so then Monday you have to hurry and do Tuesday and Wednesday and then if there are any Friday openers also, you have to make a completely different schedule for Thursday and the early shows, and then one for Fri-Sun, then another one for the weekdays.

• Like 1

48 hours to showtime...

1st local 2 screens, 4 showings (2 2d, 2 3d)

2d 125 seats/screen 102/125 and 90/125 for 192/250 sold

3d 170 seats/screen 75/170 and 10/170 for 85/340 sold

2nd local 2 screens, 4 showings (2 2d, 2 3d)

2d 185 seats/screen 137/185 and 1/185 for 138/370

3d 110 seats/screen 31/110 and 3/110 for 34/220

The mall has 4 screens and tons of showings...I'll try to grab them in a later update to this email when fireworks are not calling...

Homecoming has 6 showings (2 USCR3D/4 2D) now at North Shore for Thursday previews which is 2 more than Wonder Woman had for Thursday previews.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Does Spider-Man open tomorrow like the UK or does it open Friday?

It has previews Thursday and opens Friday.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 9:55 PM, WrathOfHan said:

All Eyez on Me is gone.

Despicable Me 3: 15 (7 2D/8 3D; Biggest, Average, and 4th Smallest)

Baby Driver: 5 (Average)

The House: 5 (Average)

Transformers: The Last Knight: 9 (Down 2; 3 2D/6 3D; Average and Smallest)

Cars 3: 7 (Down 2; 5 2D/2 3D; 2nd Biggest and 3rd Smallest)

47 Meters Down: 6 (Up 1; Average)

Wonder Woman: 5 (Flat; Average)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 4 (Down 1 and lost 3D; 2nd Smallest)

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie: 3 (Down 2; 3rd Smallest and Smallest)

The Mummy: 2 (Down 2 and lost 3D; 3rd Smallest)

Rough Night: 1 (Down 5; 2nd Smallest)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Hide contents

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and Rough Night are gone.

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 14 (5 2D/9 3D; Biggest, 2nd Biggest, and Average)

Despicable Me 3: 17 (Up 2; 8 2D/9 3D; 2nd Biggest, Average, and 4th Smallest) (Note that DM3 has the 2nd Biggest during the day and SMH at night)

The House: 6 (Up 1; 2nd Smallest)

47 Meters Down: 5 (Flat; 3rd Smallest)

Baby Driver: 5 (Flat; Average)

Cars 3: 5 (Down 2 and lost 3D; Average)

Transformers: The Last Knight: 5 (Down 4; 3 2D/2 3D; Smallest)

Wonder Woman: 5 (Flat; Average)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Spoiler

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Edited by WrathOfHan

lmao, my theater is giving a huuuuuuuuuuge middle finger to those who don't have tickets already for SMH this weekend. A fair amount of the 2D showings in the biggest auditorium already have a lot of seats sold for this weekend, and there's only one other 2D showing that isn't on that screen.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao, my theater is giving a huuuuuuuuuuge middle finger to those who don't have tickets already for SMH this weekend. A fair amount of the 2D showings in the biggest auditorium already have a lot of seats sold for this weekend, and there's only one other 2D showing that isn't on that screen.

They want that 3D money.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

They want that 3D money.

They've learned from WW and DM3 that nobody goes to 3D when the other two screens are 2D and split between formats. Even GOTG's 3D showings didn't sell well initially because the two biggest screens were 2D. Now, you have to see it in 3D :lol: 

Maybe this is a ploy by STX to get eyes on Valerian :jeb!: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

They've learned from WW and DM3 that nobody goes to 3D when the other two screens are 2D and split between formats. Even GOTG's 3D showings didn't sell well initially because the two biggest screens were 2D. Now, you have to see it in 3D :lol: 

Maybe this is a ploy by STX to get eyes on Valerian :jeb!: 

I think STX will want theaters to have the most possible shows available in 3D for Valerian. They are pushing it hard in the format.

Meanwhile in Portugal movies get one show per day in 3D and sometimes zero 3D shows per day. It is an extinct format. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think STX will want theaters to have the most possible shows available in 3D for Valerian. They are pushing it hard in the format.

Meanwhile in Portugal movies get one show per day in 3D and sometimes zero 3D shows per day. It is an extinct format. 

AMC is usually a lot more anal about 3D showings than other chains. Like, Disney Springs was still showing GOTG in 3D the other week (they still might be), yet Regal Waterford Lakes (which appears on RTH's top engagement chart every now and then) normally only has one 3D showing in the first couple weeks. Locally, the theater 20 minutes away from me that's independently owned has 4 3D projectors and normally has 3D showings until a film's run is over or more movies in 3D release. The other two theaters from the same owner only have one 3D projector and usually get rid of 3D after 2 weeks.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

3D is practically dead at North Shore Cinema. DM3 had 5/20 showings opening weekend in 3D. In comparison Cars 3 had none and neither did Underpants. Homecoming got Ultrascreen DLX 3D unlike Wonder Woman which just got regular Ultrascreen DLX but those are its 3D showings. Transformers also got 3D but it only had it for 2 showings.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1