grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Born in China, The Circle, The Dinner, and Smurfs: The Lost Village are gone.

Alien: Covenant: 7 (Biggest and Average)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul: 5 (Average)

Everything, Everything: 4 (Average)

Going in Style: 5 (Up 1; Average)

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: 5 (Down 3; 2 2D/3 3D; Average and 4th Smallest)

Snatched: 5 (Flat; 2nd Biggest)

Beauty and the Beast: 4 (Up 1; 2nd Smallest)

The Boss Baby: 4 (Flat; 3rd Smallest)

The Fate of the Furious: 4 (Flat; Smallest)

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword: 4 (Flat; 3 2D/1 3D; Average)

Gifted: 3 (Up 1; 4th Smallest)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Spoiler

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

There were too many pages with too many updates to just clean up the old thread, just easier to start afresh. The mods have access to the old thread still, so if we want point in time comps etc. we can always look those up and repost here.

The user is sorry about this, but you have to understand he was doing this because he liked posting things here, and he never expected his posts would be tweeted to VPs of other theater chains and cross posted across a lot of other forums. He is understandably paranoid as this is confidential information and he is not the President to just leak it willy-nilly.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There were too many pages with too many updates to just clean up the old thread, just easier to start afresh. The mods have access to the old thread still, so if we want point in time comps etc. we can always look those up and repost here.

The user is sorry about this, but you have to understand he was doing this because he liked posting things here, and he never expected his posts would be tweeted to VPs of other theater chains and cross posted across a lot of other forums. He is understandably paranoid as this is confidential information and he is not the President to just leak it willy-nilly.

Image result for you got burned you big drunk patty

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Yes, it's unfortunate that some people (not any regulars here, as far as I know) chose to start disseminating the info around the internet, including details that should not have been public. Fan extremism strikes again!

That is sucktacular (if not a word, I now claim it as one).  Hopefully, we can still get some less precise, but still useful, info...

Well, here's to the new thread!:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

People were literally tweeting info to senior management of various theater chains.

I'm not even sure why you'd do that?  To get them to carry more screens of your favorite movie?  To get them to drop your hated movie?  I mean, what's to gain by even giving them numbers?  A coolness factor?  

Sometimes, I don't understand the internet:)...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm not even sure why you'd do that?  To get them to carry more screens of your favorite movie?  To get them to drop your hated movie?  I mean, what's to gain by even giving them numbers?  A coolness factor?  

Sometimes, I don't understand the internet:)...

A bit like with what Trump allegedly did, it is fun to be "in the know", have peek behind the curtain, and it is tempting to let it know to others, a bit the same reason that motivate people to post those things here in the first place.

The conspiracy theory business work in large part because of that human nature.

Has for tweeting it to theater chain owner, one possible reason is being someone that was piss at those info being leak (maybe people working for studios ? or the theater chain) and wanted them to crack down on their employee doing it ?

Those ticket sellers want to conserve the ability to make headline news about new movies by presenting them has big has they can (selling better than Age of Ultron in pre-sales, if that is the biggest movies they can find that it is the case).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, franfar said:

I'm sorry, who was leaking information, about what? I'm confused

Some people were taking the presale data to other forums and tweeting to theater CEOs and "the user" didn't want to get in trouble.

• Like 2