Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Nova said:

I need a $100M so I can claim to be a wizard. Of course I have no doubt WB will make the estimates be $100M but I need the actuals to be $100M lol

So much for folks on here saying this would fly past the century mark OW though

The film's going to have good legs even with the June competition. 

24 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Solid start for Wonder Woman.

Friday- $38.8

Saturday- $34.2

Sunday- $24.2

Weekend- $97.2

Finish- $285-$290

Sunday drops for openers tend to be low 20s when summer has fully kicked in (June-Aug).

I expect <23% Sun drop for WONDR.

If your Sat of 34.2 holds, then 23% drop gives 26.3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The film's going to have good legs even with the June competition. 

Im not really interested in good legs at the moment because I was talking about its OW.

But since it got brought up, I have no doubt it's going to have a good multiplier...probably 2.75X

Just now, That Covfefe Guy said:

Well I guess a 100M OW wouldn't guarantee Mummy is DOA.  I can see a 45M OW for it max.

It's going to be a close one but I think WW will edge The Mummy for number 1. 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I need a $100M so I can claim to be a wizard. Of course I have no doubt WB will make the estimates be $100M but I need the actuals to be $100M lol

So much for folks on here saying this would fly past the century mark OW though

I have no problems with them fudging a 98.9-99.5 mil to 100mil as Paramount did with Transformers a few years ago.

I would love for the Dceu to have five 100mil openers in a row.

• Like 1

34-37.5=>38.5=>38.8

Considering the last 2 updates changed by only a fraction (0.3)...probably Deadline is sure of the 38.8 number, else they would have rounded off to 39 or left it at 38.5 instead of putting an update for a tiny change.

1 minute ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Well I guess a 100M OW wouldn't guarantee Mummy is DOA.  I can see a 45M OW for it max.

I think the Mummy is going to do decent, I guess. Probably $30-35M in my opinion. I think if WW gets to $100M then her second weekend is looking at around $44-45M. 

Would be interesting if The Mummy somehow reaches your max, if it'll be good enough to get the number one spot though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I have no problems with them fudging a 98.9-99.5 mil to 100mil as Paramount did with Transformers a few years ago.

I would love for the Dceu to have five 100mil openers in a row.

Me neither but I would prefer for actuals to be $100M and up because if they're not then technically it's not a $100M opener. 

On these boards at least. For the trades and GA it'll be considered a $100M one because they publish things on sunday. 

37 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Solid start for Wonder Woman.

Friday- $38.8

Saturday- $34.2

Sunday- $24.2

Weekend- $97.2

Finish- $285-$290

Captain Underpants I feel like should be doing better. But marketing seemed half-ass and the film looked a little too childish for adults. This benefits Cars 3 greatly.

Friday- $7.5

Saturday- $8.9

Sunday- $6.7

Weekend- $23.1

Finish- $80-$85

WW isnt dropping 30% on its opening Sunday. Closer to 20. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Mummy is gonna surprise. It's gonna open respectable and have good legs even if it has just ok wom.

If you have resisted watching a Cruise+Mummy movie...it takes only a little bit to break your resistance. Even passable wom might do it.

Cause before the mixed reaction to promos, it was a hot movie IMO.

Just now, a2knet said:

Mummy is gonna surprise. It's gonna open respectable and have good legs even if it has just ok wom.

If you have resisted watching a Cruise+Mummy movie...it takes only a little bit to break your resistance. Even passable wom might do it.

Cause before the mixed reaction to promos, it was a hot movie IMO.

Anecdotal evidence of course but while I was at work yesterday there was strong interest in seeing it. Don't know if that means people will buy tickets of course but at least there is some interest, I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Me neither but I would prefer for actuals to be $100M and up because if they're not then technically it's not a $100M opener. 

On these boards at least. For the trades and GA it'll be considered a $100M one because they publish things on sunday. 

I would love for actuals to be over 100mil but will not be mad at a 95-98mil opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohana said:

Wonder Woman will surpass Doctor Strange WW which sits on 667M

Hope youre right. 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Hope youre right. 

If it doesn't there's really isn't no spilled milk.

Wonder Woman only needs to cross 600ww to be a huge success.

Our motives really should stop being fanboy driven.

I wasn't interested in The Mummy until it got rated 15 here in the U.K. And the star Annabelle Wallis was so charasmatic on Graham Norton last night. 

Universal has a whole universe riding on its success though. Needs big Worldwide numbers. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1