Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

14 minutes ago, AStarWarsFan said:

Wonder Woman hit GOTG2 hard.

It's facing a bit of a larger drop than recent superhero summer starters do for the post-Memorial Day frame, but not egregiously so. Instead of falling ~45%, it's going to be ~55%. It's not as if it's suddenly facing a 60-70% drop because of the competition.

I have no idea what the fuck happened at my theatre tonight :lol: Maybe it was cause it was the first day we've had kinda crappy weather in over 2 weeks.

Pirates did 12M, Baywatch did 5M, Guardians did 4M. Super insignificant drops from last week, and in the case of guardians, a slight increase. I felt bad for the new kid.

3.). Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales  (DIS), 4,276 theaters / $6.1M Fri. (-74%)/3-day cume: $22.3M (-65%)/Total:$115.3M/ Wk 2

So far POTC5 is tracking almost identical to Apocalypse. The same 60m+ OW and the same 2nd wknd drop.

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I somewhat bought into forum hype and thought 100m OW was a given, but solid numbers nonetheless. I guess 300m is a reasonable goal now?

No more like 250m.

44 minutes ago, picores said:

That kind of sucks for holdovers...GOTG2 just said goodbye to 400m. Pirates 5 performing like X-M:A...lame legs.

Guardians said goodbye to 400m last week. It was expected to end with around 360m or more. 

• Like 1