YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2.7 + 9.1 + 10.5 (+15%) + 7.8 (-25%) = 30.1

30 OW not a lock for Mummy but 15% jump on Sat from true Fri and 25% drop on Sun is not difficult to pull off for a June opener.

• Like 2

I do not think basketball finals affects the box office too much.  We have phones to watch the game on.  There is 7 games.  NBA is scheduling the finals games that make it box office friendly.  Tonight is the first test, but the last few years it did not do anything.  It starts at 9pm on the East Coast.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I did read something about misleading marketing earlier in the thread either in one of Baumer's post or someone replying to his post mentioned it (am not sure).

So B+ could be due to that.

More importantly where's Mummy's CinemaScore?

The misleading marketing is why most of us are shocked at eh CinemaScore.

We, or me atleast, expected like a C- CinemaScore or something.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, it's a heavily mismarketed movie. The trailers advertised a radically different movie. Honestly, the first trailer with just that shot of the red door probably sells the film the best :lol: 

lol, interesting.