YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The bigger issue is that

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly just from the trailer I expected the movie to do something like that. However most of the GA expects the same generic stuff in their horror movies. When I went to see It Follows a couple of teens I knew were in the audience and after the movie we talked and they asked me if I thought it was as terrible and boring as they did.  

Edited by Rman823

A:C, POTC, MUMMY have been 3 bummers in varying degrees.

These 3 movies combined may not beat WONDR:

A:C 75 + POTC 160 + MUMMY 70-75 = 305-310

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

not surprising for the Mummy, it always looked bad and reviews were spot on. Hopefully this makes Cruise go back to making real films again with top directors.

Waiting for him to go back to making stuff like Magnolia and Collateral. I guess mid-life crisis hit him hard considering he's done almost nothing but action flicks for the past however many years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Hollywood will be screwed when the superhero bubble bursts.

Can't wait for Transformers to underperform next

SM:HC may underperform expectations 

Apes franchise though will probably hold steady

Spider-man looks surprisingly dull. 

It Comes At Night is why many people have no problem pirating movies. Saw it in a small theater that was extremely well behaved and could not tell you the amount of "what the fuck was that?" and "that was fucking horrible." when the credits rolled. So many people sat in their seats with this perplexed look in their faces. They couldn't believe it was over or that they spent $14 on it.

I was really enjoying it up until the ending too and I like art house type horror films. Unlike Personal Shopper I wasn't smiling when this ended like Huh! I was grimacing with Huh?! That was it?!

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol @ at that 48% audience score for IT COMES AT NIGHT on RT.

Misleading marketing will do that to ya and I can't really blame audiences for getting pissed off.

It's going to drop even further. That movie will not have good WOM.

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Not that it would actually change anything but that would be great for the industry.

100 would be great for AB, not so much for VAL considering the budget, but still a symbolic victory for an original film.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Valerian can't break out during Summer in my opinion

If JA nearly managed 50 dom in Feb, IMO VAL which seems superior to JA can do 75+ in summer to go over A:C/Mummy.

I think Valerian could overperform simply because everything else is doing pretty shit, other than the SH movies.

People gotta go to something. It is a bit early to make claims like that though; something else might end up breaking out so who knows!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

It Comes At Night is why many people have no problem pirating movies. Saw it in a small theater that was extremely well behaved and could not tell you the amount of "what the fuck was that?" and "that was fucking horrible." when the credits rolled. So many people sat in their seats with this perplexed look in their faces. They couldn't believe it was over or that they spent $14 on it.

I was really enjoying it up until the ending too and I like art house type horror films. Unlike Personal Shopper I wasn't smiling when this ended like Huh! I was grimacing with Huh?! That was it?!

So according to you people pirate movies because they don't like them :kitschjob: