WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

7 hours ago, nomyth said:

Up holds a special place in my heart because I had such a great viewing experience with it. I saw it midnight OD with my best friend and the audience was just so into it. You could hear a pin drop at the end of the married life sequence. I think half the audience was in tears.

Another one of the best sequences ever done on film...beautiful, poignant, sad, yet viewable by all ages...it was a perfect scene...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unless it's Lionsgate @CJohn

And Paramount. DO NOT FORGET PARAMOUNT. THEY RUINED THE ROCK'S STREAK AND NEXT THEY WILL RUIN JOHN CENA AS WELL.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wonder of Rth said:

C3 18.8,ALLE 13.1,WW 10.7, 47M 4.3, Mum 3.6, RN 3.4

Love the WW number!:)  Again, optimism always wins when it comes to her numbers!  And if the 1st 2 numbers hold for C3 and All Eyes, they are gonna come down from weekend estimates...

• Like 1

The Cars movies only exist to sell more merch so I'm sure Disney/Pixar are fine with the numbers as long as it doesn't bomb. 

They'll be counting the cash as it adds to the 10billion+ the movie has made in merchandise sales.

22 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Phenomenal hold for WW. It's looking at a minimum 380M with potential at 400M+. It's not going to completely collapse with SMH OW in 2 weeks as GOTG2 has shown, 2 SH movies can survive each other. Another tremendous hold for GOTG2, 390M+ looks likely and 400M isn't completely dead yet. It would be insane, if both hit 400M milestone!!!

I dont think WWs floor is 380. Thats a bit too optimistic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

At this point, it seems like there may be a very small outside chance that WW beats GOTG2 DOM. Very small, but still the fact that it could even ever happen at all is insane. 

Not insane - predicted...2 months ago:). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I dont think WWs floor is 380. Thats a bit too optimistic. 

It's going to have sub 30% drop this weekend and should have another great hold next weekend. It's a WOM monster and usually competition have very little impact on them. It might drop 50% when SMH opens but it should easily recover after that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, druv10 said:

It's going to have sub 30% drop this weekend and should have another great hold next weekend. It's a WOM monster and usually competition have very little impact on them. It might drop 50% when SMH opens but it should easily recover after that. 

But it's not going to have a sub 30% drop this weekend.  

• Like 2

It could have a great Sunday hold but at this point we don't know.  And even if it were to drop less than 30% this weekend, 380 is still tough.

I loved the movie, @druv10 and I hope it hits 400 but 380 is still not going to be easy.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Having a vendetta against a studio will never not be a waste of life.

"Hey nerd, what is good in life?"

"Crush your least favorite studios. See them flop before you. Hear the lamentations of their fanboys"

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, druv10 said:

41-42M is a sub 30% drop. 

41.7M

Those are a lot of assumptions.  Again, not saying they aren't going to happen but my point is there is no real precedent for a movie like WW on Father's Day, so at this point we really don't know.

I hope you are right though.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Nope they bought Pixar to help fix WDAS. They wanted Lasseter and Catmull to help them. Pixar did all of their sequels on their own choosing. I mean just because there's a Cars 2, let's not forgot Disney/Pixar bought us Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, and Inside Out, (even Dory can be considered) and a handful of good films. Thankfully, Toy Story 4 is their last sequel, and there's five more original films after that.

Incredibles 2? 

• Like 1

Just now, Last Man Standing said:

It's pretty insane on a 100 mil OW.

It's legs on a pure 4 quadrant movie...think of it like an animated/family movie and you'll see its legs better...

When a mom can take all her kids and her spouse and know they are all happy, pure 4 quadrant madness numbers will come.  WW was the perfectly made movie to hit the 4 quadrants - I compare it to an original Star Wars movie for a reason...it's made with the same sensibilities to hitting teen/adult material in a way accessible to kids, making it even better than animated films that drive adults nuts...

I knew when I saw it the 1st week, legs were gonna be killer.  Just b/c it has a superhero, that does not mean it performs like a CBM.  It's not like any other CBM movie.  You can read all my posts on the subject...I've watched practically every CBM and this is the 1st (other than Lego Batman) I took all my kids and they all enjoyed it as did my spouse.  Do you know how many moms I know who are doing the same thing?  It's the summer family movie, since Cars 3 was never gonna be with its known material and definite male skew, and neither was CU with its male skew...so, WW wins the entire June month before DM3 comes out.  Just like Dory got to rack up the dollars before Pets, WW will do the same before DM3...and then will still keep getting the dollars just like Dory did (just in a lesser amount)...

• Like 3