WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

TA1 and SM1 could be the only CBM non-sequels to beat WONDR.

And SM1 could still go down.

TA1 is an ensemble. So WONDR could be the biggest origin story (unadjusted of course) if it beats SM1.

Also, nice occasion to tip a hat at SM1's stunning 400+ gross more than 15 years back.

• Like 3

@GiantCALBears...I'm wishing I would have taken your bet after you called me ridiculous for saying that WW had a 10% chance of hitting 400 now.  I'd say the chances of gone up even more.  Maybe 25-30%.  I still don't think it will hit 400 but it's certainly not ridiculous to say it could get there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

TA1 and SM1 could be the only CBM non-sequels to beat WONDR.

And SM1 could still go down.

TA1 is an ensemble. So WONDR could be the biggest origin story (unadjusted of course) if it beats SM1.

Also, nice occasion to tip a hat at SM1's stunning 400+ gross more than 15 years back.

Yeah TA is pretty much a sequel in everything but name.  It wouldn't have done those numbers if they hadn't set it up with 5 movies first.

I guess you could say BvS set up WW, but I'd argue BvS hurt WW on OW more than it helped.

• Like 3

Who else thinks WW2 will underperform? WW is doing amazing because its  agreat movie but ALSO because we're on the rise of a HUGE feminism movement that will have settled down in 2 years (when WW2 comes out)

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

@GiantCALBears...I'm wishing I would have taken your bet after you called me ridiculous for saying that WW had a 10% chance of hitting 400 now.  I'd say the chances of gone up even more.  Maybe 25-30%.  I still don't think it will hit 400 but it's certainly not ridiculous to say it could get there.

It's not happening but ok? 

3 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's not happening but ok? 

You called it stupid to say it had a 10% chance.

So, ok.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

If you look at Spider-Man's run, and Spider-man's lead, $400M is still going to be really difficult.

I also think that some people here are being really optimistic with the Saturday increase. I went back and looked at the Saturday bumps on this weekend from 2010-2016, and only 4 films in the top 10 from any of those years broke a 50% increase: Marmaduke, Moonrise Kingdom, Chef, and the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Marmaduke, actually had a decrease on the Friday from its Thursday, so I don't think it fits. The others all target older adults. 

I'm still seeing a ton of projections here using 50% or higher bumps for Saturday. 

Fathers' day leads to awesome Sunday drops, but I think that it deflates the Saturday a bit in turn. 

Edited by kswiston

3 minutes ago, kswiston said:

If you look at Spider-Man's run, and Spider-man's lead, $400M is still going to be really difficult.

I also think that some people here are being really optimistic with the Saturday increase. I went back and looked at the Saturday bumps on this weekend from 2010-2016, and only 4 films in the top 10 from any of those years broke a 50% increase: Marmaduke, Moonrise Kingdom, Chef, and the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Marmaduke, actually had a decrease on the Friday from its Thursday, so I don't think it fits. The others all target older adults. 

I'm still seeing a ton of projections hear using 50% or higher bumps for Saturday. 

Fathers' day leads to awesome Sunday drops, but I think that it deflates the Saturday a bit in turn. 

He's acting dumb, it's alright. 

• Like 1