WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

51 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Saw Book of Henry. Wowsa did it live it up to the hype

Thinking of going to see it--I've always liked Naomi Watts, and Maddie Ziegler has been amazing in everything I've seen of hers.  I have to think the subject matter scares away a lot of movie goers though.

Edited by grimfandango

4 hours ago, baumer said:

That's perfect.  

This is why you get people saying they have a guilty pleasure when they like something critics tell them not to.  

I think a guilty pleasure shouldn't necessarily be referred to a film that critics hated but you liked, but rather to a film that you enjoyed despite all of its highly prevalent flaws. For example, a film like The Circle would be a guilty pleasure for me, but I wouldn't consider Pirates 5 a guilty pleasure despite its negative reception.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I watched Dragon Emperor and Mummy so far. Mummy Returns tomorrow. Main takeaway - Brendan Fraser had charisma by the bucketload, he sold every single cheesy line given to him fully. Kind of a shame he isn't getting movie offers anymore.

He was fine as hell in those movies too.

7 minutes ago, Fielding said:

That's from sometime this morning, although I don't know when they surreptitiously boosted their projection to 40m from their original 37.5m.

8 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Did DHD give a Sat. number? Your link goes to the article from this morning.

Wonder Woman now looking at a $40 million weekend:

Oops!
http://deadline.com/2017/06/cars-3-all-eyez-on-me-tupac-shakur-rough-night-scarlett-johansson-mandy-moore-47-meters-below-1202114764/

Old update at Sat AM.

telling u folks, wondr 5th weekend over tf5 2nd weekend

edit:

wondr

41 3rd wknd 

24 4th wknd

15.5 5th wknd

tf5

38 ow (after 32 on wed and thu for 70 5-day)

14.75 2nd weekend

Edited by a2knet

Deadline also using 19.6 for cars.

was 19.1 before studio estimates, then 19.5 to be in line with the studio estimates and now 19.6

cars needs smth similar to this for crossing 51

19.6 + 17 (-13%) + 14.5 (-15%) = 51.1

if cars falls close to 16% on sat like minions then wouldn't rule out below 50.

Edited by a2knet

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Haha I suppose I don't care when anything from A24 goes wide, but given almost every movie they've released (like Spring Breakers) is a huge giant steaming pile of shit, I would rather they just be barred from releasing anything at all, ever.

Why do you state the notion that all their films are shit as fact?  A lot of people here enjoy them, and appreciate what they're doing for the industry by allowing there to be an outlet where smaller films can be distributed and even be successful.  Considering you're someone who works in the industry, how do you not recognize this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

That's not a bold statement.

Now, WW 4th weekend over TF5 OW? That's a statement.

:)

if father's day sunday pushes wondr to 42, then compensating for that it will fall say 35% next weekend (opposed to 30% which i would otherwise have on cards for wondr deeper into the run).

so 35% drop from 42 gives 27.5 4th weekend.

for tf5 fss to be below that means 50 5-day and 100 odd dom :P. i think even in the worst case tf5 is looking at 140-150 dom.