cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

The bear kid is pretty annoying and the tonal shift from being mostly serious in the first act to mostly comedic in the second act back to mostly serious in the final act doesn't entirely gel.

I do plan on sprucing Koda’s character a bit as I found him at times to be overbearing and I think Rutt and Tuke will likely be for a funny cameo as the two never contributed to the plot and to me were somewhat annoying.

The tone I want to be like The Jungle Book, an intense but family friendly adventure with spots of levity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I do plan on sprucing Koda’s character a bit as I found him at times to be overbearing and I think Rutt and Tuke will likely be for a funny cameo as the two never contributed to the plot and to me were somewhat annoying.

The tone I want to be like The Jungle Book, an intense but family friendly adventure with spots of levity. 

Yeah, the two mooses were pretty much just there in the original. Don't remember them contributing to the plot ever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

Yeah, the two mooses were pretty much just there in the original. Don't remember them contributing to the plot ever.

The movie will basically be a road trip/coming of age story for both Kenai and Koda and aside from the former’s at first irrational bear hate, the character had nothing to him. My version of Kenai is a bit more bookish and more of an outcast for not at all being manly and Koda is somewhat of an orphan before the accident. 

• Like 2

Actor search help time for Brother Bear: 

Live Action:

I need one Native American actor who is around the same age as Forrest Goodluck but who can be a more stand-off like kind douchey character.

CGI:

I need a preferably Native American actress with an older sister but can provide somewhat motherly vibe. 

I need another actor with a sage like yet booming voice but not Idris Elba as I’ve overused him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actor search help time for Brother Bear: 

Live Action:

I need one Native American actor who is around the same age as Forrest Goodluck but who can be a more stand-off like kind douchey character.

CGI:

I need a preferably Native American actress with an older sister but can provide somewhat motherly vibe. 

I need another actor with a sage like yet booming voice but not Idris Elba as I’ve overused him.

I found a 28-year-old actor named Kiowa Gordon, who played a small part as one of the werewolves in quite a few of the Twilight movies.

Then, for the actress, I highly suggest Kelsey Asbille, who played the victim from Wind River. If she can play a victim, she can play a pillar of support.

I bet Gil Birmingham would be able to pull off the voice role. That, or Lou Diamond Phillips.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blankments said:

idk, all i know is that if david lowery is directing, casey affleck has to be there

Actually Casey may be the perfect replacement I had for Josh Brolin’s wolf character.

19 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I found a 28-year-old actor named Kiowa Gordon, who played a small part as one of the werewolves in quite a few of the Twilight movies.

Then, for the actress, I highly suggest Kelsey Asbille, who played the victim from Wind River. If she can play a victim, she can play a pillar of support.

I bet Gil Birmingham would be able to pull off the voice role. That, or Lou Diamond Phillips.

The first two are small parts but it can work. 

Lou Diamond Phillips could work but Gil Birmingham may be perfect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spagspiria said:

Was curious how the Spark saga CC reviews would look with all scores taken into account...

Spark: Rising: 90 (all positive)

Spark: Homeward: 76 (7 positive, 2 mixed)

Spark: Beyond the Sky: 89 (all positive)

Shit. Do I have to drop a review to decrease that beyond the sky score 

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Alrighty folks, who wants to pre-read Unbreakable Bond?! It is significantly short than the main Poison and Wine films so don't worry about time :) It also isn't full fleshed out and detailed. 

Sure, I'll give it a read.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Alrighty folks, who wants to pre-read Unbreakable Bond?! It is significantly short than the main Poison and Wine films so don't worry about time :) It also isn't full fleshed out and detailed. 

I’d love to.

• Like 2