cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

27 minutes ago, Xillix said:

So I feel like I'm making a pretty big gamble by having my Total Eclipse robot racing movie be such a low-budget thing now.

Truth be told it was meant to be a semi-filler mockbuster of Lightspeed as Lieutenant Lynx is to Star Fox. That's kind of supposed to be the division's MO. But now that I'm into writing it out I'm actually really liking where it's going. Part of me thinks that the idea deserves a bigger budget and a wider release to stand on its own...

...buuuuuut on the other hand the lower budget theoretically means it could make a profit more easily if people actually do dig it, and there's sequel potential for sure.

tenor.gif?itemid=4531935

(I'm rooting for it!)

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xillix said:

So I feel like I'm making a pretty big gamble by having my Total Eclipse robot racing movie be such a low-budget thing now.

Truth be told it was meant to be a semi-filler mockbuster of Lightspeed as Lieutenant Lynx is to Star Fox. That's kind of supposed to be the division's MO. But now that I'm into writing it out I'm actually really liking where it's going. Part of me thinks that the idea deserves a bigger budget and a wider release to stand on its own...

...buuuuuut on the other hand the lower budget theoretically means it could make a profit more easily if people actually do dig it, and there's sequel potential for sure.

A shoddy budget can make people look down on it more if people are supposed to invest in it, though.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

A shoddy budget can make people look down on it more if people are supposed to invest in it, though.

True. I should point out though it's a $30 million movie as-is, so not "shoddy" necessarily. No big space battles or anything, just some robots and hovercrafts on vaguely futuristic racetracks.

Plus releasing my own sci-fi racing blockbuster with an actual tentpole budget/positioning around the same time as @Reddroast puts out Lightspeed feels like a dick move.

So... while planning out Director’s Cut and Phoenix Rebirth, I watched The Book of Mormon and would love to do an adaptation of it someday but imagine that’d be difficult. 

If Director’s Cut goes well, I’ll do Book of Mormon.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So... while planning out Director’s Cut and Phoenix Rebirth, I watched The Book of Mormon and would love to do an adaptation of it someday but imagine that’d be difficult. 

YES! DO IT!

• Knock It Off 1

23 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Blankments disapproves HARD lol

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

No

Yeah, I’m unsure about that. I don’t have what it takes yet but I wanna see how Director’s Cut is recieved as it along with School Spirit are my first moldbreakers in terms of what I normally write.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Is it okay if I swap directors between two movies?

Which ones?

Spoiler

Is Montgomery directing SkyRiders now 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Which ones?

Hide contents

Is Montgomery directing SkyRiders now 🤔

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

4bd3a5c2-da68-431c-93f1-69ef6740e9e0.jpg < - - - - > MV5BMjVhMmEwNjUtZTRkZS00MDhmLWExYWEtZjBj

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_owncks1VT01s50qig_500.gif

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

it depends has the story or themes for ether changed much?

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

tumblr_inline_owncks1VT01s50qig_500.gif

Just now, Reddroast said:

it depends has the story or themes for ether changed much?

Spoiler

It's more that I'm no longer 100% on having Boden & Fleck do TSW2 given what it's turned into but I think they would work better with what Voltron 3 has instead turned into, and bringing back the Duffers to do Part II instead wouldn't be a great loss on either front (plus it still keeps with the philosophy I have with Voltron that each film has a different director and vision).

21 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hide contents

Its more that I'm no longer 100% on having Boden & Fleck do TSW2 given what its turned into but I think they would work better with what Voltron 3 has instead turned into, and bringing back the Duffers to do Part II instead wouldn't be a great loss on either front (plus it still keeps with the philosophy I have with Voltron that each film has a different director and vision).

go for it

I think some of you may like the different worlds I have in store for Phoenix: Rebirth. My new version is a bit inspired more by Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil, Dragon Ball Z as well as some other anime, Guardians of The Galaxy and a wee bit of The Seven Samurai.

Lots of inspiration for other worlds and such. It’ll be a damn visual treat. Don’t worry @Spagspiria Dear Cyborg Evan Hansen is still in this.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3