cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

@cookie @Ethan Hunt @4815162342 @YourMother the Edgelord @Spagheditary @Rorschach 

So I know I resurrected Cinerama already but... how would people feel if TriCrescent introduced a new film format? It wouldn't be magical, just a sort of kit-bash of existing tech in a new way, and it wouldn't be a new exhibition format or anything, strictly production-side. Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any objections.

What would the format be like?

19 minutes ago, Xillix said:

@cookie @Ethan Hunt @4815162342 @YourMother the Edgelord @Spagheditary @Rorschach 

So I know I resurrected Cinerama already but... how would people feel if TriCrescent introduced a new film format? It wouldn't be magical, just a sort of kit-bash of existing tech in a new way, and it wouldn't be a new exhibition format or anything, strictly production-side. Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any objections.

Seems interesting

20 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think you're gonna have to have a strong point of reference on what it would look like especially since I don't think most of us are especially savvy with film formats outside of the common ones (35mm, IMAX etc.).

Don't worry fam it's not complicated actually. To break it into super simple terms - it's just a way to do anamorphic widescreen on large format film without the absurdly wide Ben-Hur Ultra Panavision ratio. It'd project to the same screen size and shape as normal "flat" 1.85:1 or "scope" 2.40:1 movies. The difference is the large 65mm film format (in this case larger than typical 65mm, still smaller than IMAX) results in a sharper image and less grain than 35mm or traditional 65mm, while also having the characteristics of anamorphic lenses like oval out-of-focus highlights (bokeh), long streaky lens flares, and shallower depth of field.

I'd have all the nitty-gritty technical details and some simulated promo images/sample comparison frames in the formal announcement.

If people were interested enough I could do a separate post/thread trying to explain the common camera/film formats in more detail but in an understandable way. As is probably pretty obvious from me putting those details into all my film posts I'm pretty into the tech side of things.

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@cookie what happened to The Haunted Mansion movie you were doing?

Spoiler

It's coming, just not in Y4. It's in the "I'll get around to it" pile for now (in part because I missed the Kendrick hype train).

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

It's coming, just not in Y4. It's in the "I'll get around to it" pile for now (in part because I missed the Kendrick hype train).

I was gonna say, it just disappeared from your schedule lineup.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I was gonna say, it just disappeared from your schedule lineup.

Probably Y5/6. I have a good idea of what I want to do with it, but the drive just isn't there right now.

Edited by cookie

5 hours ago, Xillix said:

Don't worry fam it's not complicated actually. To break it into super simple terms - it's just a way to do anamorphic widescreen on large format film without the absurdly wide Ben-Hur Ultra Panavision ratio. It'd project to the same screen size and shape as normal "flat" 1.85:1 or "scope" 2.40:1 movies. The difference is the large 65mm film format (in this case larger than typical 65mm, still smaller than IMAX) results in a sharper image and less grain than 35mm or traditional 65mm, while also having the characteristics of anamorphic lenses like oval out-of-focus highlights (bokeh), long streaky lens flares, and shallower depth of field.

I'd have all the nitty-gritty technical details and some simulated promo images/sample comparison frames in the formal announcement.

So, no objections then...?

27 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

@YourMother the Edgelord @Xillix i kinda need your help decide something for archer & Armstrong

9 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I know absolutely nothing about the source material, for the record >.>

Neither do I but if you need help I can try my best.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Question.

I’m not sure how many of you watch 13 Reasons Why, and I don’t, but I recently found a song I’d love to use in an upcoming film. Would it be tacky if I used a song that I didn’t know was in the latest season of it?

Fair warning: It’s probably going to be Spark 3.

8 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Question.

I’m not sure how many of you watch 13 Reasons Why, and I don’t, but I recently found a song I’d love to use in an upcoming film. Would it be tacky if I used a song that I didn’t know was in the latest season of it?

Fair warning: It’s probably going to be Spark 3.

Is it “The Night we met?”