cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

Much of The Epsilon Syndicate will be a tag team/hangout movie with Thomasin McKenzie chilling and learning with Mary Poppins, Shuri, and Hiro Hamada.

Also, Jake Long and Tamara are an item in it, chilling in Glasgow and fighting evil together.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Does anyone have tips for getting out of writers block?

That's a good question.

I say that there's nothing wrong with taking a good break every now and then. You can go for a drive or play some video games or do any activity that you enjoy, and then come back to the story after being rejuvenated. Because there are times when you're trying to write the words and the words won't come.

Another idea that I have is to skip the part you have writer's block with, and begin writing another part of the work that you have a clearer picture of. This is why it's always helpful to have a simple outline of your story (though I personally haven't utilized outlines in CAYOM yet).

The important thing is to not give up. A YouTuber I like addressed the question of what a professional author should do when the 'pieces aren't fitting together in the mind'; she simply states, "I work". With tight schedules, it can be tough to work through writer's block, but a professional often finds themselves without a choice.

Hopefully this collection of responses is helpful to you! Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spagspiria said:

Much of The Epsilon Syndicate will be a tag team/hangout movie with Thomasin McKenzie chilling and learning with Mary Poppins, Shuri, and Hiro Hamada.

Also, Jake Long and Tamara are an item in it, chilling in Glasgow and fighting evil together.

Shuri’s getting the full Hamada experience 😏

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Slambros said:

Another idea that I have is to skip the part you have writer's block with, and begin writing another part of the work that you have a clearer picture of. This is why it's always helpful to have a simple outline of your story (though I personally haven't utilized outlines in CAYOM yet).

That’s usually what I do even if connecting the dots later can be a bit cumbersome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cookie said:

That’s usually what I do even if connecting the dots later can be a bit cumbersome.

That’s also what I did, when I knew I wouldn’t get Gigantic done when I wanted, I finished Squirrel Girl and Artifacts.

• Like 1