cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hide contents

Star Fox might beat Scavenger Wars as far as word count goes, but I'm gonna try and trim it down once I'm finished with the first draft.

Spoiler

How is that even possible LMAO

Squirrel Girl and Artifacts will be finished by January 2nd

Gigantic, Green Lantern Corps and a few smaller films like Gadget will be done by January 22nd

Dragon Ball and Smells Like School Spirit will be some by February 18th

Lost Earth will continue to be worked on throughout the months and be ready by the 3rd.

• Like 1

The plan is to have my big four (Scavenger Wars, Voltron, SkyRiders DragonBorns) done in draft form by January 31st, then be edited/polished to completion while I work on the rest.

Edited by cookie

I don't have a definitive schedule, but I definitely plan on having some smaller stuff done before Part I starts. After that, I want to have all my bigger movies planned before I finish winter break on MLK weekend, and then spend all February completing them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

About 8,228 words into Squirrel Girl now, this will likely eclipse the record Amulet II has for longest animated film in terms of word count (mainly cause of the action sequences).

🤔

• Like 1

Since I’m bored 

Top ten most anticipated 

10.) Kirby

9.) Pillars 2/Unbreakable Bond 

8.) The Secret Saturdays

7.) Children Of Eden

6.) Fantasia 3

5.) Rock N Roll Heart Attack

4.) One Punch Man/Voltron: Reunion/Shiverin Gulch

3.) The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars II

2.) SkyRiders/Star Fox (Me gusta PG-13 animation mucho)

1.) Two Lonely Bounty Hunters

Honorable Mentions:

Blankie/EssKayGee Animated Space Musical 

Roger Rabbit 2

Voicemail

In The Valley

Episilion

Baldur’s Bow

Lightspeed

• Like 3

Also since I be really bored my way too early box office guesses (top 11, plus biggest of month)

1.) Voltron 3: $200M/$600M

2.) Scavenger Wars II: $150M/$500M

3.) One Punch Man: $140M (five day)/$380M

4.) Two Lonely Bounty Hunters: $115M/$375M

5.) Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From The Queen: $125M/$350M

6.) Pokémon 3: $150M/$335M

7.) The Secret Saturdays: $90M/$300M

8.) Roger 2: $75M/$295M

9.) Lost Earth: $80M/$280M 

10.) Star Fox: $75M/$260M

11.) The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl/Children Of Eden: $55M (five day)/$250M

Biggest of months:

January: Baldur’s Bow: $75M/$210M

February: Artifacts: $65M (four day)/$170M

March: The Secret Saturdays: $90M/$300M

April: Lost Earth: $80M/$280M

May: Two Lonely Bounty Hunters 

June: Voltron 3: $200M/$600M

July: Star Fox: $75M/$260M

August: Pokémon 3: $150M/$335M

September: Green Lantern Corps: $80M (four day)/$205M or Tower of Terror: $75M/$205M

October: DragonBorns: $80M/$230M or Shiverin’ Gulch: $90M/$230M

November: Pillars 2: $125M/$350M

December: Scavenger Wars II: $150M/$500M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

@YourMother the Edgelord exactly how bad do you see Roger Rabbit doing lmao

Not bad actually forgot it but I’m thinking around what Amulet II ($260M) did Y4, has a solid chance for $300M/KOTS Numbers but the family market this summer is looking competitive, I also expect the OW to be older skewing but will benefit from good legs as the only real family competition for the summer is Insectoids (and I’m guessing not higher than SWAT Kats 2 for it) as Star Fox is PG-13. However between it and CTE, I think it’ll be the biggest live action adaptation of a Disney film of the year.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I think Roger Rabbit would have a harder time if it skews older than younger given what surrounds it tbh

True, Star Fox and Dragon Ball both PG-13 action packed films that also have family appeal as well as young adult appeal and The Valkyries vs The Galaxy despite being PG-13 may also steal some of the female demo. 

The main benefit is the PG films around it are weak. Insectoids and Kappa Mikey will do around $80M-$100M and Gadget which open three weeks prior is probably ending around $150M

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

True, Star Fox and Dragon Ball both PG-13 action packed films that also have family appeal as well as young adult appeal and The Valkyries vs The Galaxy despite being PG-13 may also steal some of the female demo. 

I think we're neglecting two movies here... 🤔

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think we're neglecting two movies here... 🤔

Voltron 3 and OPM while should have families will skew way more older and have less overlap the than other aforementioned three.

• Like 1

I will list my most anticipated project from each participating player:

@4815162342 Pokemon 3

I'm a sucker for Pokemon. Plus, I thought the second Pokemon project was really good with the way it incorporated its themes in a subtle manner.

@cookie SkyRiders

All the projects seem cool to me, but I'm really interested in reading about what an original PG-13 animation could be.

@Blankments Children of Eden

I know that this is a Biblical Epic, and I think that sounds really cool! Alfonso Cuaron could make a great one!

@Rorschach Mr. Juul or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hit

As much as I enjoy reading the One Punch Man series, and as excited as I am to read that project, I have to say that I knew I'd be interested in Mr. Juul when it dawned on me that it'd be heavily influenced by Kubrick's classic. I've never seen Dr. Strangelove, but I find this very fascinating nonetheless!

@YourMother the Edgelord The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (with Gigantic at a close second)

I've been seeing how much effort (and length) has been put into Squirrel Girl, and I think it could be something really awesome! After seeing Spider-Verse in theaters, I now see the potential of animated superhero films in a new light!

@Hiccup23 Unbreakable Bond

I might be one of the only ones that enjoyed The Help, but I'm really interested to see what comes of this. I want to see what the Unbreakable Bond is, and if it's really unbreakable...

@Xillix Rock & Roll Heart Attack (with American Dragon 3 at a close second)

I was really intrigued by the sneak peek that was shown at the Oscar ceremony. I think this is a very cool creative endeavor with very detailed action, and I think it has the perfect director. Can't wait to read it.

@Reddroast Lightspeed (with Kirby at a close second)

I don't think Lightspeed is based on any exisiting IP, so I'm intrigued by an original Sci-Fi racing film. I want to see what kind of tone it'll have.

@Spagspiria Paradise Island

Greta Gerwig being the director is enough for me to be interested. And it sounds like it's the genre I like.

@Alpha Star Fox

I am a big Nintendo geek, and I really can't wait to see what comes of this project. It has a lot of potential!

@vault2008 Winston

I'm intrigued by the fact that this is a film about a dog. I feel like, while those films can be hit or miss, there definitely is potential to tell an affective story about a dog. I have a novel about a dog called The Art of Racing in the Rain that does just that. So I'm keeping my eye on this. I'm also keeping my eye on Ricochet.

@Ethan Hunt Relatively Easy

I admire how personal of a piece this is. I really want to read it! It's got a great cast and everything! And I really do love slow-burn dramas!

Please let me know if I missed anyone other than myself.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1