CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Question: Since Homecoming is looking to be a massive success, will Sony try to ask Marvel to put Venom in the MCU and help them or will it go straight to Sony's head and they decide to make Electro V Goblin for 2022?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Question: Since Homecoming is looking to be a massive success, will Sony try to ask Marvel to put Venom in the MCU and help them or will it go straight to Sony's head and they decide to make Electro V Goblin for 2022?

GIVE ME SPIDER-VERSE FOR 2022

DIRECTED BY RAIMI

PLEASE

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

DIRECTED BY RAIMI

PLEASE

I wouldn't mind this. Marvel gets Peter Parker and Sony gets Miles Morales and attach gods Lord/Miller (to do it again), in 2025 team the two up against the Sinister Twelve or something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I still wonder why giantcalbears went asshole mode. At that time, WW reaching 400 was looking very tough. He could have keep his calm. Baumer was acting good towards him. Really strange.

Image result for show your true colors

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Explain.

What is there to really explain?  You have a Black Panther movie with an incredible cast, great director and kick ass release date.  It's going to make a shitload of money and be a giant success.  

Not seeing why anyone sees any risk at all when it comes to this movie.  From reading the last few pages I guess people think there is some sort of political risk?  Not sure why anyone would see that as a risk and not a huge asset.  We live in a world where 4 1/2 months ago Get Out made $175m+ domestic and $250m+ total.  

Black Panther is going to be a domestic smash hit (as long as the reviews are decent, which they very likely will be 85% positive or better) and open huge and go $300m+

• Like 9

Just now, YourMother said:

I wouldn't mind this. Marvel gets Peter Parker and Sony gets Miles Morales and attach gods Lord/Miller (to do it again), in 2025 team the two up against the Sinister Twelve or something.

You don't understand what I mean. Holland, Maguire, Garfield together at last. With Moore playing a live-action Morales and some new girl to play Spider-Gwen. Put it out in 2022 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the first Spider-Man movie and give Maguire and Garfield's Spider-Men actual endings while telling a story with Holland as the lead. Shit would be insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

What is there to really explain?  You have a Black Panther movie with an incredible cast, great director and kick ass release date.  It's going to make a shitload of money and be a giant success.  

Not seeing why anyone sees any risk at all when it comes to this movie.  From reading the last few pages I guess people think there is some sort of political risk?  Not sure why anyone would see that as a risk and not a huge asset.  We live in a world where 4 1/2 months ago Get Out made $175m+ domestic and $250m+ total.  

Black Panther is going to be a domestic smash hit (as long as the reviews are decent, which they very likely will be 85% positive or better) and open huge and go $300m+

I agree with everything you said except the 300 part.  But no doubt it could go that high...if it opens well enough.  But it could and should (imo) open closer to DS or AM.  So maybe a finish of 250 looks better...at least from where I sit this far away from release.

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

DIRECTED BY RAIMI

PLEASE

All the SpiderMen like in the comics. Garfield, Maguire, Holland, 70s live action Spidey, 60s Spiderman, 90s Spiderman, SpiderGwen, Batman, Japanese Spiderman, constantly singing Broadway Spiderman. Peter Porker

spiderarmyteam.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Actually it may be the opposite. Panther has a good chance to breakout domestically and any controversy will only help it here (see WW, Zootopia, Get Out), it's the foreign audience that may have a problem.

And two out of those three "controversial" movies were actually huge outside the domestic market. I think Black Panther will do just fine everywhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

You don't understand what I mean. Holland, Maguire, Garfield together at last. With Moore playing a live-action Morales and some new girl to play Spider-Gwen. Put it out in 2022 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the first Spider-Man movie and give Maguire and Garfield's Spider-Men actual endings while telling a story with Holland as the lead. Shit would be insane.

This would do $500M+.

• Like 1

Are people really calling numbers for a movie that is nowhere being released impossible or moronic? How about people at least wait until it appears on tracking to begin calling numbers impossible? It is not like this website has a great history with prognostication. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I agree with everything you said except the 300 part.  But no doubt it could go that high...if it opens well enough.  But it could and should (imo) open closer to DS or AM.  So maybe a finish of 250 looks better...at least from where I sit this far away from release.

I think this is going to be an important film socially and people will go out of their way to help it despite any potential warts.  

Mark me down for $100m+ opening.  Reviews matter and if this is in the 90%+ positive range than I think it could go higher.  That first trailer also has a great reaction from nearly everyone.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Are people really calling numbers for a movie that is nowhere being released impossible or moronic? How about people at least wait until it appears on tracking to begin calling numbers impossible? It is not like this website has a great history with prognostication. 

Because that's what we do.

That's all we do.

You can't stop us.

We'll reach down your throat and pull your freakin heart out

:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I think this is going to be an important film socially and people will go out of their way to help it despite any potential warts.  

Mark me down for $100m+ opening.  Reviews matter and if this is in the 90%+ positive range than I think it could go higher.  That first trailer also has a great reaction from nearly everyone.  

You make a great point.  And I could certainly see it happening.  

• Like 1