CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The worst part is the hookers joke is cut out in the PG-13 movies (wasn't cut at Big Sick today thankfully), so it doesn't flow as nicely as it could.  It wasn't in SM:H yesterday

I heard the hooker joke at Transformers (and Baby Driver but that's R). 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

How? Daddy's Home 2 is PG-13. 

It's probably like how Lionsgate cut out Samuel L Jackson's "OH MOTHERF-" in THB's trailer for GOTG's mix yet kept it in other PG-13 movies.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

How many different trailers are there for Dunkirk by the way? I swear to god I've seen like 4 different ones so far in cinemas.

@Telemachos, completely irrelevant, but I only now noticed that your full name is Telemachos. That's my dog's name (my Greek stepdad named him after a character from Odyssey)

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I heard the hooker joke at Transformers (and Baby Driver but that's R). 

It's probably like how Lionsgate cut out Samuel L Jackson's "OH MOTHERF-" in the trailer in GOTG's mix yet kept it in other PG-13 movies.

I didn't even get it at Last Knight.  Maybe it's cause the theater I was at is shit or something but idk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

tbf all the top posters all have like, four jokes that they constantly circulate. being an asshole about my opinions is my top thing.

Pink Bingo :sparta:

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

I didn't even get it at Last Knight.  Maybe it's cause the theater I was at is shit or something but idk

Was it not a chain? The independently owned theaters 20-30 minutes away from me ignore the trailer attachments sometimes and do their own thing.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Was it not a chain? The independently owned theaters 20-30 minutes away from me ignore the trailer attachments sometimes and do their own thing.

Nope, it was a Regal.

edit: I got the Daddy's Home 2 trailer but without the hookers line

Edited by That One Guy

The Last Knight was hilarious btw. I fell asleep for like 20 minutes, I understood nothing but Cogman and Anthony Hopkins were amazing and apparently the story doesn't make any more sense with those 20 minutes btw. I enjoyed more than the even ones.

• Like 6

Another weird trailer thingy: When I got the unmarked redband Atomic Blonde trailer at Alien, it had the stairwell fight and McAvoy said "Oh my god, I think I fucking love you", but McAvoy didn't swear when I got the trailer at ICAN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The Last Knight was hilarious btw. I fell asleep for like 20 minutes, I understood nothing but Cogman and Anthony Hopkins were amazing and apparently the story doesn't make any more sense with those 20 minutes btw. I enjoyed more than the even ones.

Cockman (i said his name wrong once in conversation and now it's all i'll refer to him as) and Hopkins are both making my Boffy ballot. was mostly bored but was rolling everytime they were on screen. that's a real great performance. the shit that pulls you back in when you thought you were done with it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

L

A

U

R

A

H

A

D

D

O

C

K

You know exactly why you enjoyed this more than TF2 and TF4 :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

L

A

U

R

A

H

A

D

D

O

C

K

You know exactly why you enjoyed this more than TF2 and TF4 :ph34r:

I remember when Mark and she kissed (fuck you it's in the trailer before that inspirational "THERE COMES A MOMENT" text), the black lady next to me exclaimed "It's about time!" :rofl:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Cockman (i said his name wrong once in conversation and now it's all i'll refer to him as) and Hopkins are both making my Boffy ballot. was mostly bored but was rolling everytime they were on screen. that's a real great performance. the shit that pulls you back in when you thought you were done with it.

The Organ bit might be the funniest thing I've seen all year, and it was a legitimate laugh

• Like 1

Just got out of Homecoming and right now I'd have it tied between Spider-Man 2 as my favorite Spidey movie. Maybe a rewatch of both will help sort which I enjoyed more. Also it's in my top 3 MCU after CW and TWS. As a Marvel fan it really was nice to go from getting the Homecoming and Ragnarok trailers side by side (which has happened a few times) to now the Ragnarok and Black Panther trailers side by side . Plus there was a little kid who screamed out for joy when he realized it was Black Panther which was so nice to see. Also @That One Guy can you please tell your bitch to quit trailer stalking me this has been an issue since March. Seriously even when I went to see Rough Night and Captain Underpants I got a Valerian trailer. At least the others made some sense. 

• Like 4