CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

18 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I just want to thank everyone in this forum for not allowing this place to devolve into a self-righteous, performative woke dumpster fire like Twitter has become. The Tarantino dunking and general moralizing you'll find there is the fucking worst. 

Did QT do something to make people upset?? I thought he and Uma made up. 

40 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I just want to thank everyone in this forum for not allowing this place to devolve into a self-righteous, performative woke dumpster fire like Twitter has become. The Tarantino dunking and general moralizing you'll find there is the fucking worst. 

tarantino is really a dick though lmao. I just saw a video from the press conference at cannes where someone asked a question about Robbie's lack of dialogue in the film and he was like "I REJECT YOUR HYPOTHESIS" Thank goodness for Robbie's grace she basically saved the whole cringeworthy encounter. 

Edited by ban1o

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

not wading into twitter to confirm but I'm gonna guess N word, feet shots, Weinstein association, Polanski comments, etc.

https://news.avclub.com/tarantino-got-snippy-when-asked-why-margot-robbie-doesn-1834963396

Honestly, this is nothing. It'll be forgotten about by the time it opens in two months.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

https://news.avclub.com/tarantino-got-snippy-when-asked-why-margot-robbie-doesn-1834963396

Honestly, this is nothing. It'll be forgotten about by the time it opens in two months.

It shouldn't even be something we have to forget. It's a non-issue. If the director of Jackie Brown, Kill Bill and Basterds had thought his new story would be improved by more dialogue for the main female character, I'd think he would have written some. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ban1o said:

tarantino is really a dick though lmao. I just saw a video from the press conference at cannes where someone asked a question about Robbie's lack of dialogue in the film and he was like "I REJECT YOUR HYPOTHESIS" Thank goodness for Robbie's grace she basically saved the whole cringeworthy encounter. 

That's not being a dick. That's rejecting a ludicrous question. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It shouldn't even be something we have to forget. It's a non-issue. If the director of Jackie Brown, Kill Bill and Basterds had thought his new story would be improved by more dialogue for the main female character, I'd think he would have written some. 

Then why didn't he answer the way Robbie did. The journalist said nothing about her being a woman or a female character?  She asked about the creative choice not to have Tate have much dialogue. Y'all are so defensive of Tarantino. He was being a dick lol, but thats not unusual for him. I mean this was initially billed as a Manson Murder movie and Sharon Tate was the face of the Manson Murder's. It's a fair question. 

I mean the film looks good but why go to a press conference and get mad at a question.  

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

That's not being a dick. That's rejecting a ludicrous question. 

how was the question Ludicrous. Margot Robbie is third billed, playing Sharon Tate and was at the cannes festival. How is a question about the creative choice to not give her much dialogue a ludicrous question. According to a review I read she says nothing for the first hour of the film lmao. Obviously it might have been a creative choice but why didn't he just say that. The question was fine. The reviewer might have expected Sharon Tate would be in it more.  Robbie handled the question like a normal person. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

how was the question Ludicrous. Margot Robbie is third billed, playing Sharon Tate and was at the cannes festival. How is a question about the creative choice to not give her much dialogue a ludicrous question. According to a review I read she says nothing for the first hour of the film lmao. Obviously it might have been a creative choice but why didn't he just say that. The question was fine. The reviewer might have expected Sharon Tate would be in it more.  Robbie handled the question like a normal person. 

LOL

• Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm not a fanboy. Your response just ain't worth engaging with...sorry if I offended you. 

bullshit. You haven't given any reason why the question was ludicrous.  stop replying to me if you are  just going to be an ass. 

Edited by ban1o

Just now, ban1o said:

bullshit. You haven't given any reason why the question was ludicrous.  stop replying to me if you are going to be just going to be an ass. 

Okay, tell me...what do you think the purpose of that question was? The question was meant to imply that Tarantino did some kind of "wrong" by the biggest female character in the film. But why is giving her character less dialogue than the rest a "wrong?" Why should he have to beef up a character whose purpose clearly eluded the interviewer? 

These are not questions you ask a filmmaker at a press conference, particularly not a filmmaker who, for all of his past missteps, has made it a point of propping up female characters and heroes in many of his films. This question was a loaded "gotcha" with the intention of calling him out for some perceived misogyny that doesn't exist. It's bullshit from a person who only has social politics on the brain.  

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

these are pretty classic "i have no counterpoint so i'm just going to act like i'm above the conversation" responses. if it's truly not worth engaging maybe... don't engage?

The conversation is worth engaging with. His/Her prior response was not worth engaging with. 

it's just asking about a creative choice in the film. whether it was antagonistic i don't know, it doesn't necessarily need to be taken with a negative intent, i'd be curious about that too. there's some validity there for sure. i'm sure there's a better answer than jake's "quentin knows best!"