WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, it's way after 3pm and no numbers...are they not as expected (good or bad)?  I know Deadline always tries to be 1st, and we always have something trickling usually right around now (or really 30 minutes ago)...

Usually seems to be between 3 and 4 pm set

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, it's way after 3pm and no numbers...are they not as expected (good or bad)?  I know Deadline always tries to be 1st, and we always have something trickling usually right around now (or really 30 minutes ago)...

Deadline, THR or Variety will grace us with some super early numbers soon enough.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Audiences during the 2000's were getting ripped off.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.

The Star Wars prequels.

Affleck's Daredevil. 

Raimi's Spider-man :ph34r:

Everything is a hundred times better now. :sparta:

You have referenced 8 films total in this post and of those 8, more than half are good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did you watch the same movie I did? Lol.

My 11 year old cousin saw (now 12) and reacted just fine to Deadpool but then again not all kids are the same. My first R rated movie was Horrible Bosses at 12. My first unofficial R movie was when I was 6 and saw Silent Hill.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Audiences during the 2000's were getting ripped off.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.

The Star Wars prequels.

Affleck's Daredevil. 

Raimi's Spider-man :ph34r:

Everything is a hundred times better now. :sparta:

Cause SM1 and 2, Incredibles, ROTS, Up, X2, TDK, TWBB, Hurt Locker, IB, BB, Coraline, LOTR trilogy, Harry Potter 1-6, Shrek 1 and 2, Kill Bill, Iron Man, and numerous classics are trash.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Well my fear is that it will confuse them about social norms before they're ready to understand the complexities of rebelling against the status quo.

Though Lego the Movie is virtually the same as The Matrix. :kitschjob:

Maybe a double feature? :qotd:

Maybe...or maybe they'll have lots of things they want to ask and talk about...and you can set them straight about things through the shared movie viewing experience (my teen now won't shut up after we watch a movie together about all her thoughts:)...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

That's bad for the Tomato Law...

And those numbers - right now, they are predicting a likely higher real Friday for Spidey than Apes...if that's the case, I'm not sure the $5M buffer will be enough...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2nd Update, Friday 12:40PM: 20th Century Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes is looking more like its first movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kong: Skull Island in regards to its box office pacing today with $18.5M-$20M, which includes the $5M made last night. Rise made $19.5M on its first day six years ago, while Kong cleared $20.1M back in March. This puts War on a path for $50M-$55M this weekend.

Meanwhile, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to bring in $14M today, -72%, on its way to a $46M-$47M second place take and a 10-day of $210M. As of this minute, it’s expected to stay in second place for the weekend.

Illumination/Universal’s Despicable Me 3 will see $7.5M in its third Friday and an estimated third three-day of $21M, taking its cume by Sunday to $190M.

Amazon/Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Sick is currently estimated at $3M today, $8.5M in its fourth weekend expansion to 2,597 theaters. Cume by Sunday is $16.9M.

Broad Green’s Wish Upon per industry estimates is looking at $1.5M today and $4M for the weekend.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2nd Update, Friday 12:40PM: 20th Century Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes is looking more like its first movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kong: Skull Island in regards to its box office pacing today with $18.5M-$20M, which includes the $5M made last night. Rise made $19.5M on its first day six years ago, while Kong cleared $20.1M back in March. This puts War on a path for $50M-$55M this weekend.

Meanwhile, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to bring in $14M today, -72%, on its way to a $46M-$47M second place take and a 10-day of $210M. As of this minute, it’s expected to stay in second place for the weekend.

Illumination/Universal’s Despicable Me 3 will see $7.5M in its third Friday and an estimated third three-day of $21M, taking its cume by Sunday to $190M.

Amazon/Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Sick is currently estimated at $3M today, $8.5M in its fourth weekend expansion to 2,597 theaters. Cume by Sunday is $16.9M.

Broad Green’s Wish Upon per industry estimates is looking at $1.5M today and $4M for the weekend.

#FuckThisWeekend

Apes is too good for American audiences anyway.

• Like 2

Would be interesting to compare the first Dawn reports with the actual friday numbers.

As it stands that would be a terrible Friday for War.

Fantastic Friday for DM3 and on the higher end for Spidey with about a 55% increase IF it holds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

20M should be good enough for Kong numbers, I think.  That would put it just above tracking and the Tomato Law is saved.

How is 20 good enough for Kong numbers when Kong had smaller previews than Apes, and was in March with the same OD?

• Like 1