Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actually this is a good point, I feel like big sequels like say Voltron, Scavenger Wars and Spark should have automatic IMAX priority (but if something does claim IMAX a bit earlier, the smaller film would get the minority.

My suggestion is that a film that is a sequel to a film that made 200+ domestic is guaranteed IMAX for its release weekend.

The only film I absolutely want IMAX for is PoE 2, since the first had IMAX. Pokemon 3 I can live with or without IMAX.

None of my other currently planned Y5 films require IMAX, or a reservation in the AS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

My suggestion is that a film that is a sequel to a film that made 200+ domestic is guaranteed IMAX for its release weekend.

The only film I absolutely want IMAX for is PoE 2, since the first had IMAX. Pokemon 3 I can live with or without IMAX.

None of my other currently planned Y5 films require IMAX, or a reservation in the AS.

I also agree with this rule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

I'd agree with this with some caveats:

-Still gotta ask for it

-It still counts against the four they can pick in advance

-If two sequels meeting this criteria go for the same date it's first-come-first-serve again

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1

Just now, Xillix said:

I'd agree with this with some caveats:

-Still gotta ask for it obviously

-It still counts against the four they can pick in advance obviously

-If two sequels meeting this criteria go for the same date it's first-come-first-serve again disagree. If both want the same date it is a 50/50 share. Obviously if both films target the same demo, one of them will likely move. Since you put up the thread with your films reloaded the first-come first-serve rule here would necessarily favor you.

Since you put up the thread with your films reloaded the first-come first-serve rule here would necessarily favor you.

I actually don't do that though? I post the empty thread at the scheduled time everyone knows, then write a reply to claim dates like everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I actually don't do that though? I post the empty thread at the scheduled time everyone knows, then write a reply to claim dates like everyone else.

Regardless, when it comes to the sequel rule I prefer a 50/50 split between the two films, because as I said, if the two films are targeting the same audience one of them will end up moving to a different date anyways, resolving the split issue.

• Like 1

@Numerator Pictures

Ansel Elgort, Zoe Kravitz, Kaitlyn Dever, and Sarah Snook the first to be cast in Cary Fukunaga's The Last Policeman. More casting forthcoming. Max Richter to score.

The Last Policeman is eyeing a Fall release date, to be decided once the studio carnage subsides.

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

Makoto Shinkai (Your Name, 5 Centimeters per Second) may direct a new animated film for Hourglass Pictures. More details soon. While the film is aiming for smaller box office, it is hopefully going to be a major Oscar contender and crowd pleaser.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Spagspiria said:

@CayomMagazine

Makoto Shinkai (Your Name, 5 Centimeters per Second) may direct a new animated film for Hourglass Pictures. More details soon. While the film is aiming for smaller box office, it is hopefully going to be a major Oscar contender and crowd pleaser.

Is this a y5 project

Don't worry guys, it includes opening and closing credits. Also not all the songs are played fully. 

For example, during a flash mob scene they sing RuPaul's Christmas Party which is 3 minutes and 44 seconds long but in reality during the film you only here the first minute and 46 seconds. 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 2

@cayommagazine

Change of plans film score wise for The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, as Ludwig Göransson and Theodore Shapiro will score the film instead of Michael Giacchino. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl arrives in theaters December 22nd, Y5.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord