Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

And MEW was the best shot I've ever had at getting a Supporting Actress nom and completing my acting superfecta.

It's the one category I just can't break into. :(

I do seem to do really good when it comes to baddies (Frollo, Glomgold, Lotor, Magica, Packer).

Perhaps a live-action girl baddie is the answer here.

• Like 1

Provided I get my stuff made, these would be my pushes next year:

Spoiler

Actor

Blue boi

Paleotel Ejiofor

Actress

Pidge

Samus

MEW

Supporting Actor

Lokihaal

Tommy boi

(maybe) Morpheus

Supporting Actress

Rosa Salazar

Freyja/Frigga

VA Lead

Sky Pidge

Tamara

CGI Elio

VA Supporting

CGI Wolverine

CGI Spark / CGI Pidge 1 / CGI Pidge 2

Cucumberbatch

Coming at the RAISE YOUR GLASS EVENT...

YEAR V

A Better Man (d. Lynne Ramsay)

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves (d. Drew Goddard)

Final Destination: 666 (d. Chris Peckover)

Paradise Island (d. Greta Gerwig)

Phoenix Attendant (d. Yorgos Lanthimos)

Two Lonely Bounty Hunters (d. David Soren)

YEAR VI

Fun Home (d. Nora Twomey)

Lumberjanes: Vol. 1 (d. Niki Caro)

Spark IV (d. Jennifer Yuh)

PLUS THREE UNTITLED MYSTERY PROJECTS

• Like 3

@CayomMagazine

The official cast for Lager Pictures and Wes Anderson's upcoming project A Trip to the Moon has been announced. The film is a star studded vehicle featuring some familiar faces from Anderson's previous works with some new faces thrown in the mix as well.

Michael Keaton, Jeff Goldblum, Daniel Kaluuya, Jason Schwartzman, Kate McKinnon, and Owen Wilson are set to play a group of ragtag astronomers who embark on the trip of a lifetime when they are sent to explore the (seemingly) uninhabited moon. Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, Daisy Ridley, F. Murray Abraham, Willem Dafoe, Adrien Brody, Manu Bennett, Billy Crudup, Lucas Hedges, Michael Gambon, Edward Norton, Bob Balaban, Jude Law, Greta Gerwig, Harvey Keitel, and Bill Murray round out the massive supporting cast, with Murray portraying the titular Moon.

The film is set to hit theaters March 26, Y5.

81muMUB-R+L._SL1366_.jpg

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2

RETURN TO CAMP BLOOD IN RED CRESCENT PICTURES' NEW AUGUST Y5 FRIDAY THE 13TH

Despite the financial success of the 2009 reboot produced by Michael Bay and directed by Marcus Nispel, rights issues have kept the iconic Friday the 13th slasher franchise dormant ever since. Today, however, Red Crescent Pictures, the studio that revived such dormant horror properties as Jaws, Silent Hill, and Amityville to great commercial success, announced they have secured the series rights and are rapidly moving forward with pre-production on a new entry. The tentative release date is August 13th, Y5 - a slot previously occupied by another Red Crescent reboot, the still-untitled One Missed Call do-over, which has been pushed to Halloween weekend.

Alexandre Aja, the French-born horror filmmaker behind High Tension, Red Crescent's Y2 horror-comedy Deathsgiving, and a trio of prior grisly horror remakes (The Hills Have Eyes, Mirrors, and Piranha), has been tapped to direct. Aja will also co-produce alongside his longtime collaborator Grégory Levasseur (who directed Red Crescent's Y1 chiller Cold as the Void), Red Crescent head Xander Newton, and Victor Miller, the screenwriter of the original 1980 film. No casting has been finalized at this time, but we're told some of the supporting roles will be played by recognizable horror movie veterans.

The studio confirms the movie, simply entitled Friday the 13th, will be the second full reboot of the series, beginning an entirely new continuity. Specific details are under wraps, but we know it will feature a premise broadly similar to the first movie in which the long-shuttered Camp Crystal Lake, called "Camp Blood" by locals due to its sordid history, is in the process of reopening when the staff charged with preparing the grounds begin to be killed off. Producer Newton also let slip the movie "will revisit the mystery element" that was flirted with in the original and the series' fifth film, 1985's Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, saying it's an element he feels the franchise has never quite gotten right and presents an opportunity to refresh the material.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

on one hand, I'm excited to see a legit horror reboot in CAYOM

on the other, High Tension might be one of the worst films I ever to have watch for film school

i'm mixed

I've never actually seen High Tension though I am aware of the incredibly dumb twist ending. Never seen any of the Hills Have Eyes movies either and tbh I didn't even like Mirrors. Piranha was a lot of fun but not the tone I'm going for. But he's an established horror filmmaker with success and a minor level of name recognition who doesn't shy away from a lot of gore and a grindhouse feel and has experience shooting on film (which is a big point for me that really limits my options among currently-relevant horror directors; definitely going for more of an 80s low-budget visual aesthetic).

There's like a 50% chance he could be replaced if I decide on someone else I like.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I've never actually seen High Tension though I am aware of the incredibly dumb twist ending. Never seen any of the Hills Have Eyes movies either and tbh I didn't even like Mirrors. Piranha was a lot of fun but not the tone I'm going for. But he's an established horror filmmaker with success and a minor level of name recognition who doesn't shy away from a lot of gore and a grindhouse feel and has experience shooting on film (which is a big point for me that really limits my options among currently-relevant horror directors; definitely going for more of an 80s low-budget visual aesthetic).

There's like a 50% chance he could be replaced if I decide on someone else I like.

okay so I asked EssGeeKay since she knows a lot more horror than I do and she suggested these:

Coralie Fargeat

Reed Morano

Jill Gervagizian

Jacqueline Castel

Jennifer Lynch

The twist ending of High Tension is horrifically awful. I'm hoping you change your director because otherwise this project sounds awesome. I'm not sure if you need a name brand horror filmmaker anyway; not like David Gordon Green did any horror before Halloween :)

anyway, looking forward to it!!

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

This just in. New Journey Pictures has set the studio's first animated film, Veggies in the Rain: A VeggieTales Movie, for a prime-time summer release in Y5. Fictional chairman Glenn Guthrie describes the decision to have the first theatrically-released VeggieTales film since 2008 be a light parody of the classic musical Singin' in the Rain as an inspired decision, one meant to provide a subtle commentary on the direction some faith-based film companies have headed throughout the last few years.

"This film will be a sort of prequel to the classic VeggieTales videos," Guthrie stated in a press release for the film. "It'll answer questions including how Bob and Larry came to make videos on a kitchen counter-top, and why the tell stories the way they do, acting as characters in various skits. This film will be one heck of a way to ensure that kids get their Sunday Morning Value and Saturday Morning Fun, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Mike Nawrocki and Phil Vischer, contributors to the VeggieTales franchise and directors of Jonah: a VeggieTales Movie (2002), are set to direct.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

@CayomMagazine

This just in. New Journey Pictures has set the studio's first animated film, Veggies in the Rain: A VeggieTales Movie, for a prime-time summer release in Y5. Fictional chairman Glenn Guthrie describes the decision to have the first theatrically-released VeggieTales film since 2008 be a light parody of the classic musical Singin' in the Rain as an inspired decision, one meant to provide a subtle commentary on the direction some faith-based film companies have headed throughout the last few years.

"This film will be a sort of prequel to the classic VeggieTales videos," Guthrie stated in a press release for the film. "It'll answer questions including how Bob and Larry came to make videos on a kitchen counter-top, and why the tell stories the way they do, acting as characters in various skits. This film will be one heck of a way to ensure that kids get their Sunday Morning Value and Saturday Morning Fun, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Mike Nawrocki and Phil Vischer, contributors to the VeggieTales franchise and directors of Jonah: a VeggieTales Movie (2002), are set to direct.

is this inspired by THE BOB AND LARRY MOVIE aborted film?

9 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@CayomMagazine

This Is getting a Special Review @Slambros be prepared

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Real life project. It was an origin movie for VeggieTales that they talked about when Jonah came out but when it bombed they had to cancel it

Well, that's very interesting! I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind as I write this! I was thinking of placing Bob in the Gene Kelly role and Larry in the Donald O'Connor role, and have them struggle to find their creative calling in the faith-based filmmaking landscape. It'll definitely be about how they get together to make the VeggieTales skits they're famous for, and I'm definitely planning on putting a real meaning behind their reason for doing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Well, that's very interesting! I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind as I write this! I was thinking of placing Bob in the Gene Kelly role and Larry in the Donald O'Connor role, and have them struggle to find their creative calling in the faith-based filmmaking landscape. It'll definitely be about how they get together to make the VeggieTales skits they're famous for, and I'm definitely planning on putting a real meaning behind their reason for doing it.

This sounds great