Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

If this is bad.... I will rost this film so hard it will look like Redeeming Love won best picture

I would actually encourage you to do that if this project ends up bad. I'd be in desperate need of the constructive criticism.

In a world where song and music is above all, hotshot up and comer Rico Gonzales (Anthony Ramos) thinks of himself as the best of the best, but his disruptive behavior makes his band a revolving door of people coming and going because of his ego. One of them is a quiet girl named Athena (Taissa Farmiga), deaf in one ear but a natural born talent if there ever was one.

Years later, a since humbled Rico gets his late comeuppance, kicked out of his own band and being forced to move back to his parents’ home. Rico, feeling immense guilt over his years of tormenting people, discovers Athena playing in a garage band in his old neighborhood, and immediately tries to make amends by helping her raise her band’s profile. 

Old wounds heal and a romance eventually blossoms between Rico and Athena, but Rico will have to struggle between the resentment Athena’s friends and band members have of him, the new rivalry brewing between him and his old band, and his father Carlos’ (Benjamin Bratt) desire for him to go solo so his son could do what he couldn’t: finally upstage his old nemesis, the late music legend Matti Perelli (Bradley Cooper).

Anthony Ramos, Taissa Farmiga, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Holly Taylor, Diego Boneta, Vince Staples, Benjamin Bratt, Idina Menzel and Bradley Cooper star in...

Heart's Song

November 19th

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

"NEVER FADE AWAY" BY YEARS AND YEARS

The Pulse Pounding single from 'Spark: Beyond the Sky', playing over the first stretch of the film's credits, will be available as a single on Tuesday, November 10th, Y4. These songs inspired Years and Years as they wrote the song:

Spoiler

From here on out, nothing is guaranteed.

What is my coming move,

How do I keep my word,

From here on out, it falls on me to lead,

Crusader of my people,

At least that's all I heard.

And all I have are the ones who will watch over me.

The secret's within but I feel like I can't see.

Until I find it,

Whatever happens,

There's only one thing I can try to be.

CHORUS

I will be the guiding light.

Save the world from the creatures of the night.

As long as we are love, and standing together,

Through each and every storm, we will try and weather.

I cannot promise...but I will make sure we

Never Fade

Never Fade Awayyyyy

Never Fade

Never Fade Awayyyyy

I still feel hope, but hold on every day.

Whenever it fleets,

I hope to be proven wrong.

The future's uncertainty in every way.

And I don't know much longer,

I can keep holding on.

I'm trying to see what they all see.

But the pressure's more

Than I can take.

Whatever they need, give me the power to be.

CHORUS

What do I have?

Where should I be?

What else must I do to set them all free?

What must I do?

What must I give?

Where do I find the place that all hope lives?

I don't know the answers?

I don't have a chance.

I don't have what it takes.

I don't -

*Silence*

I can't go on I thinking like this.

CHORUS *without an intense beat, but builds up slowly.*

Never Fade Away

*Drop.*

I promise that I will keep fighting to my final breath

I promise that I will keep giving them reason to stay.

I promise that somehow and someway

Somehow and someway (x3)

I will never let our hope fade away.

• Like 2

RED CRESCENT CONFIRMS 'SILENT HILL 3' IN PRE-PRODUCTION; INSISTS IT WON'T COME OUT UNTIL Y6

While admitting he was "personally disappointed" by the critical reception to Silent Hill: Restless Dreams - which currently stands at 73 on Metacritic versus Silent Hill: Innocence Lost's considerably higher score of 88 - executive producer and Red Crescent department head Xander Newton has confirmed the financial success of that sequel has resulted in pre-production beginning for another follow-up already. "I guess I shouldn't complain about the score," Newton admitted in our interview, citing the fact it was still Y4's best-reviewed horror film and comparing it to the woeful scores of 31 and 16 held by the 2006 and 2012 Silent Hill films released before his studio obtained the rights.

The upcoming third installment is early in the writing process, but Newton confirmed that it would be "a very loose adaptation" of Silent Hill 3, the 2003 video game, and will serve as a "much more direct sequel" to Innocence Lost than this year's release. The Silent Hill 3 game was previously used as the basis for 2012's critically-panned box office disappointment Silent Hill: Revelation, written and directed by M.J. Bassett (who went on to direct Red Crescent's Y4 film Darkness Dwells Deep as well as a modest Y1 horror hit for MV Pictures, The Defiler). "Revelation is very bad," he stated bluntly, adding that "I like Bassett, but even she isn't happy with how that one turned out. So we're trying to distance ourselves from it as much as possible with this new film even though it's using the same basic story as its inspiration."

When asked if that meant Bassett might get the chance to give the story another go, Newton declined. "We have a shortlist of directors and she's not on it. Neither is Miike (the director of Restless Dreams - ed.). Miike wants to move on to other projects; he's very prolific. And Bassett has made it clear she doesn't want to be involved with the franchise again. The amount of hate she got from Revelation - not criticism of the film, but real, personal, hateful attacks - really soured her on it." He did, however, state that Red Crescent was open to working with Bassett - an openly trans women who completed her transition after work on The Defiler - on unrelated future projects.

Newton wasn't willing to share details of the director shortlist for Silent Hill 3, but rumors around town suggest the studio could be looking at names like Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, Don't Breathe), Mike Flanagan (Red Crescent's own Séance and The Amityville Nightmare Part II), and Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister) in addition to the duo who directed Innocence Lost, Jeremy Gillespie & Steven Kostanski. Some anonymous sources have also claimed Christophe Gans, who directed the 2006 Silent Hill film and whose Red Crescent horror film Under has been stuck in development hell since Y2, is quietly being considered as well.

In any case, the movie won't be out until Y6 - "for real this time," Newton insists, acknowledging how the studio had claimed Restless Dreams wouldn't be out until Y5 or Y6 while actively producing it for Y4 release under the false title Flights of Fire. "Miike is used to working very quickly and making multiple films every year, so for him having Restless Dreams ready for release 13 months after the first movie wasn't an issue. But we don't even have a director picked out yet this time," he clarified. "In any case, we have our hands full for Y5 with our already-scheduled films like Friday the 13th, Kagutaba, and the One Missed Call reboot Miike's producing."

• Like 2

If you sent in Oscar Picks already,  make sure you take this into account:

Spoiler

FORTNIGHT ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Original Music by John Williams

The overall musical score relies heavily on orchestration, instruments, and styling that emulate Early Classical period of music compositions. The music is heavy on woodwinds, particularly flutes and clarinets, as well as militaristic percussion and horns. The score is also built around several themes/motifs that drive character/story action:

The Crisis (A somber, meditative theme centered on a piano with string accompaniment that is meant to evoke feelings of dread, uncertainty, and desperation.)

Washington’s Theme (probably the most central motif of the score. It is a solemn, proud tune of horns and strings that is unyielding and resolute. Washington also has a secondary motif in some character moments that is more pastoral and wistful with strings and woodwinds)

Continentals (A general theme for the American army, it utilizes rustic flair with violins, fiddles, and piccolos to take an edge off an otherwise martial theme and gives it more domestic airs and a sense of dogged hope)

Redcoats (Loosely inspired by British military tunes such as “The British Grenadiers,” it is very jaunty and regimented with drums, horns, and some woodwinds in support)

Hessians (Much more aggressive and forward than the British theme, the woodwinds are shorn in favor of additional percussion and savage strokes of string instruments. There is a softer variant for Rall’s scenes, and a more ominous and vengeful variant for von Donop)

Cornwallis’ Theme (A somewhat sad, frustrated theme using strings and a piano, to show a man growing weary and ready to go home, yet determined to carry out his mission in order to get there)

Mercer’s Theme (Derived heavily from Scottish/Gaelic inspired music, the theme utilizes many Gaelic instruments such as bagpipes and is yearnful and determined. In Mercer’s final appearances, the theme takes on a much more somber, melancholy air)

There are also several other minor themes and motifs referencing characters like Knox, Greene, Reed, and Hamilton. In a little bit of an inside joke, part of Hamilton’s motif references a few bars from Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “My Shot”.

1. The Crisis – 3:14

2. The Enemy Gathers – 4:02

3. Let us Prove Him Wrong – 2:27

4. An Ocean Away – 2:15

5. Skirmish at Mount Holly – 3:31

6. Just Words, Sir – 2:41

7. A Lovely Widow – 2:53

8. Reed’s Ruse – 3:21

9. Rall’s Respite – 2:38

10. The Crossing – 7:41

11. Victory or Death – 5:34

12. Rall’s Fall – 2:49

13. Cornwallis Called – 2:28

14. My Brave Fellows – 3:16

15. Reed’s Ride – 3:56

16. Cornwallis’ Warning – 1:48

17. I Shall Not Run Again – 2:30

18. Assault on the Assunpink – 4:39

19. The Escape – 3:11

20. Bloody Orchard – 3:46

21. I am No Rebel – 2:28

22. One More Time – 4:19

23. A Promising Young Officer – 2:45

24. Hope and End Credits – 9:08

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spagspiria said:

"NEVER FADE AWAY" BY YEARS AND YEARS

The Pulse Pounding single from 'Spark: Beyond the Sky', playing over the first stretch of the film's credits, will be available as a single on Tuesday, November 10th, Y4. These songs inspired Years and Years as they wrote the song:

Reveal hidden contents

From here on out, nothing is guaranteed.

What is my coming move,

How do I keep my word,

From here on out, it falls on me to lead,

Crusader of my people,

At least that's all I heard.

The secret's within but I feel like I can't see.

Until I find it,

Whatever happens,

There's only one thing I can try to be.

CHORUS

I will be the guiding light.

Save the world from the creatures of the night.

As long as we are love, and standing together,

Through each and every storm, we will try and weather.

I cannot promise...but I will make sure we

Never Fade

Never Fade Awayyyyy

Never Fade

Never Fade Awayyyyy

I still feel hope, but hold on every day.

Whenever it fleets,

I hope to be proven wrong.

The future's uncertainty in every way.

And I don't know much longer,

I can keep holding on.

I'm trying to see what they all see.

But the pressure's more

Than I can take.

Whatever they need, give me the power to be.

CHORUS

What do I have?

Where should I be?

What else must I do to set them all free?

What must I do?

What must I give?

Where do I find the place that all hope lives?

I don't know the answers?

I don't have a chance.

I don't have what it takes.

I don't -

*Silence*

I can't go on I thinking like this.

CHORUS *without an intense beat, but builds up slowly.*

Never Fade Away

*Drop.*

I promise that I will keep fighting to my final breath

I promise that I will keep giving them reason to stay.

I promise that somehow and someway

Somehow and someway (x3)

I will never let our hope fade away.

I’ve been listening to the last song listed in your post on repeat for the basically the whole morning. 😍

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I’ve been listening to the last song listed in your post on repeat for the basically the whole morning. 😍

I dig Years and Years so much. They’re kinda under the radar but they do have a cool sound. Actually opened for Ellie Goulding a few years back.

@cayommagazine

Endless Entertainment and Amazon Prime team up once again to provide early screenings for two of it’s Y5 releases; The Valkyries vs The Galaxy and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. The showings for the former will arrive Saturday, June 26th, Y5 at 5:00 pm and the latter will arrive December 4th, Y5 at 3:00 pm. Endless is hoping and seeing both have the most WOM potential and can help box office wise. More details will arrive later in the year.

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Timothee Chalamet

Steven Yeun

John David Washington

Diego Boneta

Emma Stone

are: 

THE ASSOCIATES

FROM THE MINDS THAT BROUGHT YOU KISS KISS BANG BANG AND BLACK PANTHER

DECEMBER 3RD Y5

I hope that @cookie realises that im trying to make this the insect killer. Im bringing out a BFG this year as well

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

Just now, Reddroast said:

Is this irl or CAYOM 

In real life. The weekend after Thanksgiving weekend is traditionally one of the slowest and least attended weekends for movies.

Last year, there was no wide opener at all

2016- a 2.5m OW horror movie

2015- Krampus (16m)

2014- no opener exceeded 589 theaters

2013- a 5m opener

2012- a 7m opener

2011- no wide opener

2010- a 3m opener

This year the only opener is a horror called The Possession of Hannah Grace.

basically the weekend these days for platform releasing a drama, trying a small to medium release for a drama, or a throwaway horror movie.

Using CAYOM prior years:

Friday, December 6th

1. Street Sharks- $21,134,597 million (-59.5%)
  2. Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst- $12,498,888 million
  3. Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive- $10,620,212 million
  4. The Prince of Egypt- $10,515,130 million
  5. Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand- $8,713,477 million
  6. Desolate Sea- $5,609,232 million
  7. The Raven Boys- $5,570,700 million (-60.9%)
  8. The Chrysalids- $4,775,546 million
  9. 51 - $1,554,497 million (-58.0%)
  10. Le Grand Ecran- $1,348,951 million

November 30-December 2:

No Christmas Cheers for 'Ho! Ho! Ho!' as Box Office Stagnates

1. Sitting Ducks - $9,150,681 (-57.7%)
  2. Treasure Planet - $8,953,137 (-60.6%)
  3. Storm Hunters - $8,061,965 (-62.3%)
  4. Ho! Ho! Ho! - $5,774,194
  5. Midnight in the Afghan Valley - $4,508,274 (-47.9%)
  6. The Island - $3,270,429 (-63.5%)
  7. My Life to Waste - $2,954,068 (-64.4%)
  8. The Encounter... Airport 2018 - $2,862,981 (-63.7%)
  9. Deathsgiving - $2,409,644 (-76.0%)
  10. The Parvelli Reunion - $1,604,392 (+223.7%

DECEMBER

December 1-3

1. The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair - $27,855,656 (NEW) (1st week)

2. Amulet - $26,561,299 (-51.9%) (2nd week)
3. Hidden World - $14,234,876 (-58.9%) (3rd week)
4. Pandemic - $10,807,182 (-57.3%) (2nd week)
5. Cold as the Void - $7,571,633 (NEW) (1st week)
6. Love at First Sight - $4,709,988 (-47.2%) (5th week)
7. Life is Strange - $3,771,890 (-38.0%) (7th week)
8. The Whale - $3,263,296 (-54.3%) (4th week)
9. The Damsel - $1,708,598 (-58.3%) (5th week)
10. White Hurricane - $1,238,439 (-40.7%) (10th week)

So yeah, pretty much just one drama that overperformed in Year 1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In real life. The weekend after Thanksgiving weekend is traditionally one of the slowest and least attended weekends for movies.

Last year, there was no wide opener at all

2016- a 2.5m OW horror movie

2015- Krampus (16m)

2014- no opener exceeded 589 theaters

2013- a 5m opener

2012- a 7m opener

2011- no wide opener

2010- a 3m opener

This year the only opener is a horror called The Possession of Hannah Grace.

basically the weekend these days for platform releasing a drama, trying a small to medium release for a drama, or a throwaway horror movie.

Using CAYOM prior years:

So yeah, pretty much just one drama that overperformed in Year 1

Let me be honest here i got put in a between a rock and a hard place with this film. It was for me put it up against one punch man or SW2 i chose the one were i would get all the IMAX screens