Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

On 10/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

Cayom Magazine is today providing an update on Cookie Pictures’s upcoming tentpole film SkyRiders, Part I (name may not be final), courtesy of press notes from the studio:

Starting off, on top of this preceding week’s announcement that Thomas Newman would compose the score and working with Spectre collaborator Sam Smith on the film’s official song, the studio confirmed that Life of Pi and Spark: A Hero’s Promise cinematographer Claudio Miranda would be the director of photography on the film.

Since the film’s transition from animation to live-action, on top of story changes, what parts would be recast or not has been left up in the air a bit. Today the studio has released a completed cast list, accompanied with an updated synopsis.

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  • Bex Taylor-Klaus as Skye, a rookie SkyRider searching for his true identity, currently identifies as a boy
  • Cailee Spaeny as Kiara, a plucky stage performer with burn scars covering half her face, Skye's childhood friend *
  • Ryan Gosling as Mark Stravinski, a handsome SkyRider captain who becomes Skye's mentor, struggles with his own sense of masculinity and loyalty to the republic
  • Deborah Ann Woll as Lynda Stravinski, Mark's pregnant wife who's very hospitable to Skye and Kiara
  • Naomi Scott as Jo, Kiara's fellow stage actor and friend, somewhat dimwitted
  • Riley Keough as Elena, Kiara's manager who holds a resentment towards Skye, has connections underground
  • Jake T. Austin as Ted, a SkyRider sophomore under Mark's supervision with similar doubts as he has
  • Elizabeth McGovern as Andrea, Skye's abusive and controlling stepmother whom he runs away from

with

• Marton Csokas as Commander Hanaghan, the authoritarian leader of the entire republic's military, bordering on fascist

and

• Jodie Foster as The Chancellor, the all-powerful figurehead of the Sky Republic, able to manipulate anyone to her own benefit

Pixie Davis portrays a young Kiara. Young Skye's actor is unknown.

SkyRiders is set for release in May of Year 7.

Pixie Davis as a young version of the co lead.

Claudio Miranda.

Thomas Newman.

🧐

12 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Pixie Davis as a young version of the co lead.

Claudio Miranda.

Thomas Newman.

🧐

Tbf Miranda was because I rewatched Life of Pi recently.

And I don’t spend much time researching child actors (there’s limited options and they age up quickly so you gotta act fast) so I grabbed whoever immediately came to mind that could pass as young Spaeny.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Tbf Miranda was because I rewatched Life of Pi recently.

And I don’t spend much time researching child actors (there’s limited options and they age up quickly so you gotta act fast) so I grabbed whoever immediately came to mind that could pass as young Spaeny.

Tbh I'm the same way about child actors - CAYOM ain't exactly like real life, which can just keep making stars out of thin air.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, cookie said:

@CookiePictures

The third Scrooge McDuck adventure arrives in theaters and IMAX on March 3rd, Year 7. A gigantic adventure spanning a whole trilogy of films with a second part and a finale arriving in Year 8 and 9 respectively.

Old mistakes come back to haunt Scrooge as his greatest adversary yet emerges. Only with the help of his nephews, Donald Duck, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack and many more friends new and old could Scrooge stand a chance against this new threat, if Scrooge’s past and the ducks’ own selfish desires don’t tear their family apart first. 

When Merlock is done, the DuckVerse will never be the same. Full details coming October 31st. #ScroogeMcDuck #DuckVerse #TheGreatestAdventure

Did this come?

@CayomMagazine

To follow up on yesterday's announcement, Lumberjanes is getting a sequel in Y8 following the first film's strong reception and box office. Rumor has it that this time, it will be an original story not directly adapted from any comics but drawing from the lore from it. This is a contrast from the first film, which was a relatively straight adaptation of the first 8 novels.

This is largely being done to keep more direct control of the narrative to help it shy away from the first film's flaws while not binding itself to the narrative of still-running comic series.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures has decided to delay The Needles of Haystack County to Year 8. "Our Y7 is slated to be much busier than our Y8," said fictional CEO Glenn Guthrie. "Plus, many of the films in our Y7 slate share similar themes with The Needles of Haystack County. So, in order to differentiate our slate and allow the other film to be the best they can be, The Needles of Haystack County will be positioned as New Journey Picture's big tentpole for Y8.

"We will now announce the live-action tentpole taking the film's place. New Journey Pictures will release a cinematic reimagining of the video game Cruis'n U.S.A. in Y7. The film will embody the Fast and the Furious style of street racing genre and showcase heart-stopping races. London Has Fallen and Proud Mary director Babak Najafi will direct. The film is aiming for an IMAX release."

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

33 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures has decided to delay The Needles of Haystack County to Year 8. "Our Y7 is slated to be much busier than our Y8," said fictional CEO Glenn Guthrie. "Plus, many of the films in our Y7 slate share similar themes with The Needles of Haystack County. So, in order to differentiate our slate and allow the other film to be the best they can be, The Needles of Haystack County will be positioned as New Journey Picture's big tentpole for Y8.

Is it bad that I'm kinda sad that this one got pushed back yet I keep forgetting what it was even about?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

Is it bad that I'm kinda sad that this one got pushed back yet I keep forgetting what it was even about?

That's alright; I haven't been too public with what it's about.

It's a bit like Shiverin' Gulch, coincidentally. Before the civil-war, in a very small western town (like twenty-thirty people), a fictional Native American curse turns all of the town's men into cactus-men. So they're basically cacti who are shaped like humans. Lakeith Stanfield and Dacre Montgomery are Brian and Wesley Baker--brothers in law who've fallen under this curse. Heck, Welsey is the one who triggers it in the first place. It's up to the Baker brothers to break the curse over the course of multiple films. The series will also incorporate themes of race.

I might change my mind on this push; it depends on how fast I'm able to write everything.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures has decided to remove Dragon Prince creator Aaron Ehasz from further involvement in DragonBorns and the Untitled Animated Franchise Film due to multiple allegations of workplace harassment and poor treatment of women and LGBTQ+ personnel at the director's own animation studio. He is also no longer on the shortlist for potential directors for future The Legend of Zelda films. 

"Cookie Pictures takes these allegations very seriously, and until the matter's been resolved we will not work any further with Ehasz or Wonderstorm," a representative stated to the magazine.

Cookie Pictures President and CEO Sebastian Peters has called an emergency meeting to find a swift replacement director for the Untitled Franchise Film, which is set to debut in late Y8. After the studio's reconciliation with directors Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos, they are currently being looked at as potential replacements or would at least have a hand in finding one.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 5

@cayommagazine

Kemp Powers (upcoming Pixar’s Soul) has been hired to direct Endless Animation’s upcoming Caribbean animated musical, tentatively titled Seaside, which will arrive in theaters Holiday Y8, on account of Josie Trinidad’s busy schedule with The Garden’s Above.

• Like 3

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures is ready to formally announce their original superhero drama Tealbird.

Tealbird tells the story of an autistic teenager who receives powers during a slow-moving hurricane. The film will exist as a dissemination of the superhero genre.

The name "Tealbird" was chosen due to the fact that "Bluebird" and "Blue Jay" are both taken by both Marvel and DC Comics. The superhero possesses powers of flight and heightened senses, as well as a high-tech bird-like suit gifted by a top-secret hero organization that provides additional abilities.

David Mazouz (Y2 Academy Award nominee for Lord of the Flies) is in talks to star. Robert Zemeckis is currently listed as the director, but NJP is considering replacing him with Wonder director Stephen Chbosky.

(This story is partially inspired by my own experiences with Hurricane Florence.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures is ready to formally announce their original superhero drama Tealbird.

Tealbird tells the story of an autistic teenager who receives powers during a slow-moving hurricane. The film will exist as a dissemination of the superhero genre.

The name "Tealbird" was chosen due to the fact that "Bluebird" and "Blue Jay" are both taken by both Marvel and DC Comics. The superhero possesses powers of flight and heightened senses, as well as a high-tech bird-like suit gifted by a top-secret hero organization that provides additional abilities.

David Mazouz (Y2 Academy Award nominee for Lord of the Flies) is in talks to star. Robert Zemeckis is currently listed as the director, but NJP is considering replacing him with Wonder director Stephen Chbosky.

(This story is partially inspired by my own experiences with Hurricane Florence.)

On the one hand, I've been thinking of a movie about autism with Mazouz in the lead for a while now, so great minds think alike. And this concept clearly has potential.

On the other hand, speaking as an autistic person... his powers are not due to his autism, correct?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cookie said:

On the one hand, I've been thinking of a movie about autism with Mazouz in the lead for a while now, so great minds think alike. And this concept clearly has potential.

On the other hand, speaking as an autistic person... his powers are not due to his autism, correct?

His powers are due to getting struck by lightning; the nitty-gritty details of how the lightning gave him powers will intentionally be left ambiguous. Autism will only be a secondary aspect of his personality, not the full part of it. I'm certainly not trying to write a version of that kid from The Predator (2018).

I'm autistic myself, so I'm gonna make sure to treat the subject matter in a way that wouldn't offend me or anyone else.

• Like 3