Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Let me be honest here i got put in a between a rock and a hard place with this film. It was for me put it up against one punch man or SW2 i chose the one were i would get all the IMAX screens

And that's fine for you to make that calculation to value IMAX screens. I am just saying that if I were the person doing actuals, almost every film that opened on that weekend would take a notable penalty to its opening weekend (literally the only films that would not get hurt that much would be mega sequels, but even them would take a slight hit). I can't speak for whomever is actually doing the actuals of course, but that weekend being a wasteland 90+% of the time is a big chain on anything that would open there. I don't think getting IMAX is worth the risk personally.

Edited by 4815162342

Just now, 4815162342 said:

And that's fine for you to make that calculation to value IMAX screens. I am just saying that if I were the person doing actuals, almost every film that opened on that weekend would take a notable penalty to its opening weekend (literally the only films that would not get hurt that much would be mega sequels, but even them would take a slight hit). I can't speak for whomever is actually doing the actuals of course, but that weekend being a wasteland 90+% of the time is a big chain on anything that would open there.

I will be the one controlling that next game year.

:Venom:

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

And that's fine for you to make that calculation to value IMAX screens. I am just saying that if I were the person doing actuals, almost every film that opened on that weekend would take a notable penalty to its opening weekend (literally the only films that would not get hurt that much would be mega sequels, but even them would take a slight hit). I can't speak for whomever is actually doing the actuals of course, but that weekend being a wasteland 90+% of the time is a big chain on anything that would open there. I don't think getting IMAX is worth the risk personally.

Thats fair to say that.

Just now, Rorschach said:

As much as I love to champion my own projects, OPM isn't making as much as SW2. The latter is a sequel to a best picture nominee. The former is just getting up to bat.

OPM has a fanbase going in. I also think that SW2 is going to not get the same reaction as the first due to the "insect orgy"

11 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I think the big fight for y5 is OPM vs Voltron 3

Voltron 3 will win easily as at worst I see $450M, unless @Rorschach does what cookie did and “accidentally” give OPM an absurd number. OPM should settle for Odyssey 1 Numbers.

Second should be The Scavenger Wars 2, I think a bump from Rising to Homeward seems fair despite some competition due a lucrative holiday season. Odyssey 3, although the finale factor primarily imo helped the OW record, despite an R Rating, it all depends on reception.

Third will be Duck3d in the butt. 

4 and 5 will be two of the following: 

Brother Bear (TJB visuals may help)

SkyRiders (I really think it may breakout)

Lost Earth (if I nail it, the Cameron factor may help)

Two Lonely Bounty Hunters (the likely second biggest animated film)

Roger Rabbit 2 (could also surprise)

One Punch Man 

Shiverin’ Gulch (A horror western may be tricky but this is CAYOM and if By The Balls got $130M+ for reasons that wouldn’t fly in the real world, should we be surprised)

Pillars 2 (how high this will increase is the question)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Oh relax cannoli. Voltron 3 will make enough to fund Scavers 3.

But the girl from Mortal Engines may or may not need that daddy Voltron trust fund money too in case Scandi-landi goes south. He can’t support both girls.

And Scrooge McTennant is all locked up with keeping IRL Pidge and Hamilton Jr. afloat so Tammy can’t turn to him. :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

But the girl from Mortal Engines may or may not need that daddy Voltron trust fund money too in case Scandi-landi goes south. He can’t support both girls.

And Scrooge McTennant is all locked up with keeping IRL Pidge and Hamilton Jr. afloat so Tammy can’t turn to him. :(

Well if Countdown to Extinction doesn't starting the counting yet again, there's all that budget money being unused

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Voltron 3 will win easily as at worst I see $450M, unless @Rorschach does what cookie did and “accidentally” give OPM an absurd number. OPM should settle for Odyssey 1 Numbers.

Second should be The Scavenger Wars 2, I think a bump from Rising to Homeward seems fair despite some competition due a lucrative holiday season. Odyssey 3, although the finale factor primarily imo helped the OW record, despite an R Rating, it all depends on reception.

Third will be Duck3d in the butt. 

4 and 5 will be two of the following: 

Brother Bear (TJB visuals may help)

SkyRiders (I really think it may breakout)

Lost Earth (if I nail it, the Cameron factor may help)

Two Lonely Bounty Hunters (the likely second biggest animated film)

Roger Rabbit 2 (could also surprise)

One Punch Man 

Shiverin’ Gulch (A horror western may be tricky but this is CAYOM and if By The Balls got $130M+ for reasons that wouldn’t fly in the real world, should we be surprised)

Pillars 2 (how high this will increase is the question)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

OPM has a fanbase going in. I also think that SW2 is going to not get the same reaction as the first due to the "insect orgy"

TSW was a critically acclaimed film that won 6 Oscars (keep in mind that it beat Odyssey 2 in the voting process for the Oscars in the BP race) which in my mind gives it more clout and prestige than any up and coming first film in a hopeful franchise (even if it is based on a popular pre-exisiting property).

Also, the fact that Odyssey 3, an R-rated sequel coming off the success of two previous installments (both rated PG-13 mind you) and its predecessors 7 Oscar wins, not only broke the opening weekend record for R-rated films in the game but also in general opens up a realm of possibilities for R-rated films. All of those factors combined with the holiday release and you got yourself a potential monster of a blockbuster that neither you or I or anyone else should underestimate.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1