Remember that Logan took over mid-term for Keeler, so Season 6 takes place about 2 years post-Season 5, so there was a presidential election in the intervening time.Season 6 is the show's "problem" season. You'll understand why when you start watching it.

I only do for each season's page after I finish that season (so yesterday I looked at Season 5's page) and then I look at certain characters I don't expect to be spoiled on, like Edgar this season, and David Palmer since he was gone and I just wanted to look over all his plot points again, and it mentioned Graem Bauer's name there. Didn't expect to be spoiled; usually I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers, even on spoiler-ridden Wiki.

Season 6 has been good (not great) so far, not really expecting much, only 4 episodes in, but I have to say that I'm alarmed (in a good way) that they finally pulled off nuking L.A. Hopefully the execution works out in the next few episodes, but after seeing the antagonists try this for just way too long (the dumbest one being Marwan in Season 4*), it's good to see it finally work out. Oh and Curtis's death was good, especially Jack's reaction to what he did.*Marwan trying to nuke L.A. was the dumbest shit from Season 4. Nuke Chicago or something dumbass. It would make an equal statement and it would have actually worked since, you know, Chicago was like 100 miles away and there would've been no chance of the nuke being found in time that way. Plus, you're in fucking L.A. Marwan...you tryin' to nuke yourself too?

So I watched Season 6 Episode 5 where we find out Graham is Jack's brother, and I just don't get why Jack is strangling/killing Graham in the last scene of the episode. It's very out of character given that Graham is Jack's brother, and as of right now, Jack doesn't know that Graham was involved in the events of Day 5. But Graham being Jack's brother seems really ridiculous so far.

Finished Season 6. It wasn't that bad. I was expecting a lot worse based off the comments. There were noticeable flaws and it's the worst of the seasons so far, but honestly, it's not that much worse than Season 4 was. I still enjoyed it immensely and got into the deep plots, but it was indeed more cartoonish than the other five seasons. Part of that comes from following the greatness of Season 5. It just couldn't live up to that season.The biggest flaw is the whole Bauer family thing. It felt contrived and cliche. Still, Cromwell was mostly quite powerful as Phillip Bauer.Most of the new cast wasn't that impressive. We had no standouts like last season's Martha Logan. Sadly, she only gets one episode this season, and her last appearance, I assume, at that. We did have the return of Season 1's Milo, who vanished midway through Season 1 inexplicably and came back. His death was a good twist, but the whole Chinese infiltration of CTU felt forced, to be honest.The power struggle in the White House returns to the good ol' vibe of political attrition from the first 3 seasons. Vice President Daniels was a powerful new character, very flawed and intricately developed. Tom Lennox was perhaps the stand-out of the new cast. We also see Karen Hayes promoted to main cast, and her role was quite nice this season. Overall, the White House story arc was pretty interesting.My favorite moment this season was perhaps when we see Gredenko die under the docks. A very beautiful (oddly) scene. Also liked the last episode, which had a nice 24 vibe to it, classic 24 that is. And of course, the 4th episode was amazing. After that, it did fall off a cliff a bit, but it recovers at some points, enough to make it a still good season and not the clusterfuck I was growing to expect from other members' reviews.Overall, a pretty good season, but the worst so far. I expect more from Season 7, but am quite nervous about being this far into the show already, cause now I only get 48 more episodes.Also, is the 24 Redemption (prequel) the first episode of Season 7 (cause that's what it looks like on Netflix), or can I skip it and watch it later, and jump into the next episode on Season 7 (which Netflix labels as Episode 2 of Season 7)?

24 Redemption is a prequel TV movie to Season 7 that was made to fill in the extra-long gap between Seasons 6 and 7 that the Hollywood Writer's strike caused. It is completely separate from the Season 7 episodes but you really should watch it so you get a heads-up as to what Season 7's premise is about.Plus it's very good.

Edited by 4815162342

The last episode of Season 7 was one of the greatest episodes of a TV show I have ever seen. That. Was. Brilliant.Indeed, all of Season 7 was great. It was quite a turn from the usual of 24, especially with the absence of CTU. Many familiar characters from past seasons don't show up, and those that do appear on a scattered basis throughout the season. But the return of Kim, and the significant role she plays in the season, is very touching. The reappearance of Tony and his dark story is tragic and very well fleshed out. And the political scandals are reminiscent of the early seasons, when Palmer had to overcome struggles in his own administration. One of the best seasons of the show. Very powerfully acted and well scripted, and one of the darker ones that I can think of (and they're all dark, so that's saying something).It feels hollow to know that I have only one more season left.

• Like 1

Ironically, season seven is the first season of the show I watched. It was pretty amazing. I've seen season 7, 8, and the first two. That reminds me, I need to watch the third.

You NEED to watch it. In my opinion it is absolutely great ;)

The last episode of Season 7 was one of the greatest episodes of a TV show I have ever seen. That. Was. Brilliant.Indeed, all of Season 7 was great. It was quite a turn from the usual of 24, especially with the absence of CTU. Many familiar characters from past seasons don't show up, and those that do appear on a scattered basis throughout the season. But the return of Kim, and the significant role she plays in the season, is very touching. The reappearance of Tony and his dark story is tragic and very well fleshed out. And the political scandals are reminiscent of the early seasons, when Palmer had to overcome struggles in his own administration. One of the best seasons of the show. Very powerfully acted and well scripted, and one of the darker ones that I can think of (and they're all dark, so that's saying something).It feels hollow to know that I have only one more season left.

I know that. That is a crappy sensation. I postponed the end and when I finished (June 14th, 2011), a tear dropped :(Said this, I agree with you. The seventh season is absolutely amazing and confirms that the odd seasons are the best of the show. Enjoy the last one ;)

My rankings so far:1. Season 52. Season 33. Season 14. Season 75. Season 26. Season 47. Season 6N/A: Season 8They're all really good (Season 6 lags a bit though), and most are great, a couple are excellent, and one is phenomenal.

Edited by The Creator