I know this show has been around since 2001, but I only just started watching it back in December. I just finished Season 1 today and I am highly impressed. I don't think I've ever watched a show as ballsy as this. It really gets you involved with the characters and all the ordeals they go through, and the plot is so amazingly complex it's life-like and thrilling. The acting is superb (and I was pleased to see Zeljko Ivanek in the first season) and the storytelling is fantastic. It's able to keep you on suspense with every episode and it just keeps building. The ending to season 1 is unbelievable.

I have to give the creators great credit to be able to kill off Teri like that. I did NOT see that, or Nina's betrayal, coming at all. Most people would have went for a happier ending, especially after everything that happened that day, but that wasn't the case here, and there's something extremely saddening about Jack holding his dead wife (who was pregnant also) in his arms while a flashback plays.

Any other fans of this Emmy-award winning (and deservingly so) thriller series? I'm starting Season 2 tomorrow but I have a hard time believing it could ever live up to season 1.

Season 1 is excellent, a brilliant and tense introduction to Jack Bauer.Season 2 is very good, not as great as the first, but still quite strong with some big twists and turns.Season 3 starts off pretty slow but the final third of the season is aces.Season 4 is good, but almost gets cartoonish a few episodes with over-the-top action and villainous schemes.Season 5 is the best.Season 6 is a total brainfart. There are some strong bits and pieces, but the overall framework, character inclusions, etc is just Picard facepalm worthy at times.24: Redemption (the prequel TV movie to Season 7) is a solid 2-hour tv movie romp that filled in the gap caused by the Writer's Strike.Season 7 is pretty good. There's an over-the-top multi-episode arc around the midpoint but it's got tension, thrills, and some ace twists and turns. HOWEVER, it does something very early on with an explanation that is also Picard facepalm worthy.Season 8 is good. Starts off slow again but the second half is pretty darn riveting TV with a solid conclusion to the series.

I know this show has been around since 2001, but I only just started watching it back in December. I just finished Season 1 today and I am highly impressed. I don't think I've ever watched a show as ballsy as this. It really gets you involved with the characters and all the ordeals they go through, and the plot is so amazingly complex it's life-like and thrilling. The acting is superb (and I was pleased to see Zeljko Ivanek in the first season) and the storytelling is fantastic. It's able to keep you on suspense with every episode and it just keeps building. The ending to season 1 is unbelievable.

I have to give the creators great credit to be able to kill off Teri like that. I did NOT see that, or Nina's betrayal, coming at all. Most people would have went for a happier ending, especially after everything that happened that day, but that wasn't the case here, and there's something extremely saddening about Jack holding his dead wife (who was pregnant also) in his arms while a flashback plays.

Any other fans of this Emmy-award winning (and deservingly so) thriller series? I'm starting Season 2 tomorrow but I have a hard time believing it could ever live up to season 1.

You don't know how I envy you. I started watching it in 2006 and I finished it last year. It's the most addictive TV show I have ever seen. I watched both 5th and 7th season in 1 day. I think the odd seasons are the best (the 5th is just incredible), but I enjoyed all of them. Enjoy it!!
  • Like 1

Season 1 is excellent, a brilliant and tense introduction to Jack Bauer.Season 5 is the best.

Wow. If Season 5 is better than Season 1, then I'm in for a treat. Season 1 was off the walls crazy and intriguing. I've never been so invested in a show's plot and characters as I was here, and the twists were unbelievable. I'm still reeling from that ending and am trying to puzzle out ways they could possibly live up to that in other seasons.I don't even know what the main plot of season 5 is about. I know Season 2 is centered on a possible explosion at a building and potential war in the Middle East.

And to those who have seen Season 1, without spoiling later seasons (please), what was your reaction to Nina being the inside mole and to Teri dying? How did you feel about the season as a whole and what were your favorite moments?MY REACTION: I was absolutely stunned when Nina was the mole. Afterwards I was like, "It all makes sense now." It explains how the safehouse was breached, how they knew where the Bauer's lived, why she wasn't there when the safehouse was breached, how the assassins knew which hospitals to visit, etc. I didn't even consider until the last episode that it also made sense concerning Jaime's suicide and Nina being the one to find her. That was unbelievable. And I came to the conclusion earlier on in the season that there was no way either Kim or Teri would die because the writers wouldn't have had the balls to kill them off after the crazy ordeals they went through, so when Teri actually died I was awestruck.

I'm fangasming over this show. It's my favorite thing to watch now.

Edited by The Creator

That final Season 1 twist and gut-punch was definitely a brave and bold step by the show and that's something you should keep in mind throughout your watching. This is a show that is not afraid to kill off major characters.

Season 2's hook plotline is about a kind of explosion substantially more powerful than a building going down. ;)

• Like 1

Just finished Season 2 after two months of watching it. Great season. In many ways it's almost as good as the first; on some levels it's better. Overall I'd say it's on par with the first season. The ending isn't quite as awesome, but the season as a whole has some surprising developments.

I predicted Marie Warner to be the mole in the Warner household. At first I expected it to be Bob, actually, because Reza seemed too obvious, but then I started to suspect it would be Marie instead, so I wasn't surprised when it was her.I was pretty surprised when Sherry Palmer walked into Alan Huit's apartment near the end of the season. She became quite a big player this season (more so than in the first, IMO).George Mason's storyline was terrific. Good death, too.I expected Nina to be in the season. She was in it for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her again in the next season. There's just too much fun between her and Jack for it to be over with that quickly.Of all the storylines, I was least impressed with Kim's many adventures in the woods and her running away from Gary and the bomb. I think the most intriguing storyline was the conspiracy within Palmer's staff, especially as it developed in the final third of the season. Of course Jack's storyline was aces as well.And now I'm seeing some correlation between all the villains in the show so far. In the end of the first season, Nina contacted someone from Frankfurt, revealing that her connections were higher than the Drazens. Toward the end of the second season, we see that Kingsley's connections are also higher up, and they also involve some plot to remove Palmer from the equation. And as Nina is linked to Syed Ali, who is linked to Kingsley, I'm assuming they're the same group as the Frankfurt people.

This isn't a spoiler, just something you should know going into Season 3 to avoid failed expectations: Season 3 makes almost no reference at all to the final scene of the Season 2 finale. Season 3 takes place about 2 years later and simply brushes the twists of the final couple episodes under the rug with a couple lines of dialogue.If you really want to know about how that plotline was resolved you need to look at the plot for this:http://en.wikipedia....ki/24:_The_GameSeason 3 was definitely a step down from Season 2 for me. It started slow and kinda dull, but when it got going (and you'll know when that happens) it becomes electric and near-perfect. But that doesn't really make up for the iffy first half.Oh, and Kim vs. the Cougar is possibly the most ridiculed TV subplot of the past decade.

Edited by 4815162342

Holy shit! I'm nearing the end of Season 3 right now, and the end of the episode I just watched had to have been the most unsettling and yet amazing thing I've seen in the entire show, probably more shocking to me than the death of Teri in Season 1 because this one was actually on-screen.

The death of Ryan Chappele...omfg! That was unbelievable. I'm in complete awe right now, more than the show has ever shocked me (I think; it's pretty close cause Teri's death was really surprising also)

Edited by The Creator

Holy shit! I'm nearing the end of Season 3 right now, and the end of the episode I just watched had to have been the most unsettling and yet amazing thing I've seen in the entire show, probably more surprising to me than the death of Teri in Season 1 because this one was actually on-screen.

The death of Ryan Chappele...omfg! That was unbelievable. I'm in complete awe right now, more than the show has ever surprised me (I think; it's pretty close cause Teri's death was really surprising also)

It's probably the most shocking (not most surprising) moment in the whole show (I've seen everything). I was absolutely impacted. The third season is just excellent, one of my favourites Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

Holy shit! I'm nearing the end of Season 3 right now, and the end of the episode I just watched had to have been the most unsettling and yet amazing thing I've seen in the entire show, probably more shocking to me than the death of Teri in Season 1 because this one was actually on-screen.

The death of Ryan Chappele...omfg! That was unbelievable. I'm in complete awe right now, more than the show has ever shocked me (I think; it's pretty close cause Teri's death was really surprising also)

That's probably the best moment in all of 24. Absolutely angst-ridden and desperate and shocking.
  • Like 1

I know what you mean. I can barely get it out of my head still. The whole desperation of the scenes leading up to it, and we could really see how scared Chapelle was and how hopeful he was that Chase would find Saunders in time, then the look of upmost disappointment and realization when Chase radios in that Saunders had mislead them. When Chapelle says, "I can't feel my legs," we get the sense that this is all very real, that he is actually going to die. It's unnerving yet unbelievably amazing. What a fantastic scene! It was also pretty upsetting when Chapelle can't even kill himself and when he says that he doesn't really have any friends or anyone else to talk to, just a brother he hasn't spoken to in years.

I know what you mean. I can barely get it out of my head still. The whole desperation of the scenes leading up to it, and we could really see how scared Chapelle was and how hopeful he was that Chase would find Saunders in time, then the look of upmost disappointment and realization when Chase radios in that Saunders had mislead them. When Chapelle says, "I can't feel my legs," we get the sense that this is all very real, that he is actually going to die. It's unnerving yet unbelievably amazing. What a fantastic scene! It was also pretty upsetting when Chapelle can't even kill himself and when he says that he doesn't really have any friends or anyone else to talk to, just a brother he hasn't spoken to in years.

It's absolutely shocking, distressing. When I watched it for the first time I was feeling like if a friend would die (no joke). It's an incredible scene. In fact, it's one of the very few moments which is followed by the clock counter muted. You can only listen a train in the distance. I see you have been as impacted as I was. I watched it at least 5 years ago and while I read your experience I remember what I felt when I watched it. I told you in my first post in this thread: you don't know how I envy you. Watching 24 by the first time is just amazing
  • Like 1

Finished Season 3 today. I have to say I am very impressed with the show's consistency thus far. While Season 3 did start off slower than its predecessors, it wound up being a hell of a season. For a while there I thought it may even be the best one so far, but I think the last couple episodes, while very strong, were unable to live up to the episode I previously discussed. In the other two seasons, the tension was paramount around the last episode, but this season it climaxed on about episode 18 and then it started to dwindle. It's not that the last few episodes weren't all together great, but they were never as great as that episode and so I was not as enthused as usual. However, we still got more twists after that, and one in particular is quite shocking and a bit upsetting

the death of Sherry Palmer.

All in all a great season, on par pretty much with the first two. At times it was the best I've seen from the show so far, but other times it was not quite on level with the first two seasons, so overall I'd say it's probably a bit lower in my tastes than those two had been. But that's not saying much because I still loved every bit of it. Very great acting and compelling storylines and characters. Lots of intrigue and tension, and the twists are great. Plus, I give the creators praise for being able to kill of characters like that. Not mentioning minor characters or ordinary civilians, we get the deaths of like ten characters this season:

-Claudia-Hector Salazar-Ramon Salazar-Alan Miliken-Nina Meyes --- I suspected she would die this season once she got taken into custody-Michael Amador-Gael-Ryan Chapelle --- best scene of the season hands down-Sherry Palmer --- didn't see her death coming either; in a way I'm upset for she was a very compelling character with all her manipulations-Julia Miliken-Stephen Saunders

Great season. The ending won't hit you as much as the endings to Season 1 or Season 2. The final scene doesn't offer any surprises like in those seasons, but after everything that happened this season, I think a surprise there would have been unnecessary, especially because Jack crying just fits with all the stress and tension of the season.