I generally see it near the top of people's lists (like 2nd or 3rd, sometimes 1st) so I don't think it's underrated. It's definitely the second best of the series behind the awesomeness that is Season 5.

I said that because some friends of mine do not consider it as an awesome season. In many ways I see it even over the fifth one. I think the fifth is over because of impressive first chapter:

the deaths of Palmer and Michelle are really shocking

. But the most distressing scene I have EVER seen is, by far,

the one with Chapelle's death

. I had to open the window and breathe. No joke.

• Like 2

It didn't really hit me until the final clock countdown to 0:00 that it was over. I can't believe it's over, I really can't.

I let out a little tear when I saw the clock ending

When you had finished I will tell you another thing ;)

It has not finished ;)

http://www.hitfix.com/news/jacks-back-fox-confirms-24-live-another-day-for-summer-2014

This has been the most rewarding TV experience of my life. Now I'm not a big TV addict and hardly ever have time to watch TV (which is why it took me 4 months to finish the last season of this show), but no amount of TV has ever been as impactful as 24...and I am going to so miss getting to look forward to the next episode after some twist in the episode I just watched. It feels so different now that 24 is over for me (it's been 3 years since it ended, but for me, it's only been 3 hours). The characters, stories, twists, it's all been so real...so incredible. I honestly like 24 more than any TV show, movie, book, etc. (any form of story-telling entertainment) that I have ever seen. I get so absorbed into its unique plots, its characters, and its sensational storylines, that it's really hard to let go.

Here are my final rankings of my season preferences (and they're all almost excellent (with only one I'd say that needs improvement)):

1. Season 5 - 10/10

2. Season 3 - 10/10

3. Season 8 - 9.5/10

4. Season 7 - 9.5/10

5. Season 1 - 9.0/10

6. Season 2 - 9.0/10

7. Season 4 - 9.0/10

8. Season 6 - 8.5/10

All the many characters, deaths, etc. are so touching too. My favorite characters, and the my thoughts on best performances:

-David Palmer (Dennis Haysbert) - INCREDIBLE performance, especially in Season 2. His death at the start of Season 5 was one of the biggest shock moments in TV history, at least in my experiences (I think Teri's death was a little more surprising, but only because it happened first and I wasn't used to surprises in the show yet). 

-Sherry Palmer (Penny Johnson Jerald) - I loved her manipulative self. One of the most cunning characters in the show, and her death at the end of Season 3 really came as an unexpected blow to me. In many ways, Logan's manipulations in later seasons are strongly reminiscent of Sherry's in the earlier ones.

-Mike Novick (Jude Ciccollela) - The guy had balls of steel. His betrayal in Season 2 was ironically his finest moment, as it proved the depth of his character and really brought out the great acting that was evident here. I missed him after Season 5, and I don't really know what happened to him, but I guess that's one of the unsolved mysteries of the show.

-Michelle Dessler (Reiko Aylesworth) - I always say that Michelle's defining moment was her control over the hotel situation in Season 3. But, for me, I find her finally moment with Jack Bauer to be the most intimate moment in her character's history on the show...the moment when she and Tony say farewell to Jack at the end of Season 4. Her death an episode later was hugely unexpected and depressing.

-Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin) - Of all the supporting male characters, Itzin delivers the best performance (and it's one of the 2 or 3 best performances in the show). He dominates the scene in Season 5, and there is one amazing scene in Season 8 where he quotes Julius Caesar as he tries to implore President Taylor that she must do what's "right for the greater good" that just astoundingly displays the power of the character. The most cunning, deceitful, and warped character in the show, and one who, just when you think he is redeeming himself (Season 6), comes right back around to tarnish his reputation (and those of better people than himself) once more (Season 8). Logan is a masterful liar, and his many faults make him one of the most layered, complex, and best developed characters...definitely one of my favorites on the show.

-Martha Logan (Jean Smart) - Hands down, the best female performance in the show...and she's only there for one season (with the exception of a one episode appearance in Season 6). I was blown away by her performance, and I really, really wanted to see her back in action for the remainder of the season after her wonderful role in Season 5. She is one of my favorite characters, despite only appearing in 24 episodes (an 8th of all the episodes). Her meltdown with Logan, her husband, at the end of Season 5 really gave me chills.

-Renee Walker (Annie Wersching) - My favorite of Jack's romantic interests, simply because we can really see how much she must've loved him simply because she lets her own ideals be jeopardized in favor of his ideals. She pretty consumes his ideals, and at the end of Season 7, when Jack says what may be the most tear-jerking reveal of his ideals, about how he understands that the law is just, but that he must do whatever it takes to protect people because it's what his heart wants, in that moment, we see who Renee really is. Her death in Season 8 is one of the saddest deaths in the show, and I think it's because I pretty much knew it would be the last straw for Jack, who had lost so many people throughout the course of the 8 seasons.

-Cherry Jones (Allison Taylor) - She rivals Jean Smart as the best female performance on the show, and up there with Itzin as one of the greatest character portrayals in the show. She is so complex, letting her ideals of justice intervene with her own family life. Her major downfall toward the end of Season 8 is so heartbreaking because it totally spits in the face of everything that she stands for, and to see Logan push her to such a state is painful to watch. But the way she pulls herself through it is a testament to her will and strength as a character. I wish she never had to stoop so low, but the interactions it gives (especially those between her and Logan, but also the scene she has and her breakdown with Dalia Hassan in the penultimate episode of the show) bring true insight into her character.

-Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) - The most loyal friend anyone could ask for. I hated to see her try to shoot Jack at the end of Season 8 because I know it killed her to do so. She was always the one who helped him get out of sticky situations...she was always the one directing him where to go, no matter the cost to her. Time and time again she went behind agency regulations to help out a true friend, and that makes her the most devoted character in the show...and she's definitely the one who changed the most over the 6 seasons she was in (I thought she was annoying at first, but she soon became the most badass "nerd" around). I love Chloe.

And of course...

-Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) - The ultimate male badass TV hero ever. You often hear the Chuck Norris jokes...but Chuck Norris would stand no chance against Jack Bauer (lol). An unforgettable hero with a voice that alone gives chills to his enemies. I really feel sorry for him, though, as he never has time to lead a normal life, and just when he's trying to (at the start of Season 8) he gets caught up in something, this time more lifechanging than ever before, that he can never go back to a normal life...never again. It's so sad. I am going to miss Jack Bauer so much.

The best TV show ever.

• Like 5

This has been the most rewarding TV experience of my life. Now I'm not a big TV addict and hardly ever have time to watch TV (which is why it took me 4 months to finish the last season of this show), but no amount of TV has ever been as impactful as 24...and I am going to so miss getting to look forward to the next episode after some twist in the episode I just watched. It feels so different now that 24 is over for me (it's been 3 years since it ended, but for me, it's only been 3 hours). The characters, stories, twists, it's all been so real...so incredible. I honestly like 24 more than any TV show, movie, book, etc. (any form of story-telling entertainment) that I have ever seen. I get so absorbed into its unique plots, its characters, and its sensational storylines, that it's really hard to let go.

Here are my final rankings of my season preferences (and they're all almost excellent (with only one I'd say that needs improvement)):

1. Season 5 - 10/10

2. Season 3 - 10/10

3. Season 8 - 9.5/10

4. Season 7 - 9.5/10

5. Season 1 - 9.0/10

6. Season 2 - 9.0/10

7. Season 4 - 9.0/10

8. Season 6 - 8.5/10

All the many characters, deaths, etc. are so touching too. My favorite characters, and the my thoughts on best performances:

-David Palmer (Dennis Haysbert) - INCREDIBLE performance, especially in Season 2. His death at the start of Season 5 was one of the biggest shock moments in TV history, at least in my experiences (I think Teri's death was a little more surprising, but only because it happened first and I wasn't used to surprises in the show yet). 

-Sherry Palmer (Penny Johnson Jerald) - I loved her manipulative self. One of the most cunning characters in the show, and her death at the end of Season 3 really came as an unexpected blow to me. In many ways, Logan's manipulations in later seasons are strongly reminiscent of Sherry's in the earlier ones.

-Mike Novick (Jude Ciccollela) - The guy had balls of steel. His betrayal in Season 2 was ironically his finest moment, as it proved the depth of his character and really brought out the great acting that was evident here. I missed him after Season 5, and I don't really know what happened to him, but I guess that's one of the unsolved mysteries of the show.

-Michelle Dessler (Reiko Aylesworth) - I always say that Michelle's defining moment was her control over the hotel situation in Season 3. But, for me, I find her finally moment with Jack Bauer to be the most intimate moment in her character's history on the show...the moment when she and Tony say farewell to Jack at the end of Season 4. Her death an episode later was hugely unexpected and depressing.

-Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin) - Of all the supporting male characters, Itzin delivers the best performance (and it's one of the 2 or 3 best performances in the show). He dominates the scene in Season 5, and there is one amazing scene in Season 8 where he quotes Julius Caesar as he tries to implore President Taylor that she must do what's "right for the greater good" that just astoundingly displays the power of the character. The most cunning, deceitful, and warped character in the show, and one who, just when you think he is redeeming himself (Season 6), comes right back around to tarnish his reputation (and those of better people than himself) once more (Season 8). Logan is a masterful liar, and his many faults make him one of the most layered, complex, and best developed characters...definitely one of my favorites on the show.

-Martha Logan (Jean Smart) - Hands down, the best female performance in the show...and she's only there for one season (with the exception of a one episode appearance in Season 6). I was blown away by her performance, and I really, really wanted to see her back in action for the remainder of the season after her wonderful role in Season 5. She is one of my favorite characters, despite only appearing in 24 episodes (an 8th of all the episodes). Her meltdown with Logan, her husband, at the end of Season 5 really gave me chills.

-Renee Walker (Annie Wersching) - My favorite of Jack's romantic interests, simply because we can really see how much she must've loved him simply because she lets her own ideals be jeopardized in favor of his ideals. She pretty consumes his ideals, and at the end of Season 7, when Jack says what may be the most tear-jerking reveal of his ideals, about how he understands that the law is just, but that he must do whatever it takes to protect people because it's what his heart wants, in that moment, we see who Renee really is. Her death in Season 8 is one of the saddest deaths in the show, and I think it's because I pretty much knew it would be the last straw for Jack, who had lost so many people throughout the course of the 8 seasons.

-Cherry Jones (Allison Taylor) - She rivals Jean Smart as the best female performance on the show, and up there with Itzin as one of the greatest character portrayals in the show. She is so complex, letting her ideals of justice intervene with her own family life. Her major downfall toward the end of Season 8 is so heartbreaking because it totally spits in the face of everything that she stands for, and to see Logan push her to such a state is painful to watch. But the way she pulls herself through it is a testament to her will and strength as a character. I wish she never had to stoop so low, but the interactions it gives (especially those between her and Logan, but also the scene she has and her breakdown with Dalia Hassan in the penultimate episode of the show) bring true insight into her character.

-Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) - The most loyal friend anyone could ask for. I hated to see her try to shoot Jack at the end of Season 8 because I know it killed her to do so. She was always the one who helped him get out of sticky situations...she was always the one directing him where to go, no matter the cost to her. Time and time again she went behind agency regulations to help out a true friend, and that makes her the most devoted character in the show...and she's definitely the one who changed the most over the 6 seasons she was in (I thought she was annoying at first, but she soon became the most badass "nerd" around). I love Chloe.

And of course...

-Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) - The ultimate male badass TV hero ever. You often hear the Chuck Norris jokes...but Chuck Norris would stand no chance against Jack Bauer (lol). An unforgettable hero with a voice that alone gives chills to his enemies. I really feel sorry for him, though, as he never has time to lead a normal life, and just when he's trying to (at the start of Season 8) he gets caught up in something, this time more lifechanging than ever before, that he can never go back to a normal life...never again. It's so sad. I am going to miss Jack Bauer so much.

The best TV show ever.

:bravo:

Right now, you miss Jack, but remember that next Summer Jack will be back... :bouncy:

Something I noticed...it never ends easy for Jack. Every season has a harsh ending for him. 

Season 1 - Harshest of them all. He's recovering from the hardest day of his life, and he finds Teri, his wife, killed by his ex-lover and friend Nina Myers in the most shocking TV twist I've ever seen.

Season 2 - He went through hell, got tortured, nearly got killed, had the country turn against him because he was pursuing what the Vice President deemed to be false evidence, etc. Hard day no doubt.

Season 3 - He lost a lot of friends, had to kill some innocent people, had to deal with some of the most trying circumstances for the greater good. His breakdown felt refreshing because it was definitely needed.

Season 4 - He has to flee despite just saving L.A. and the nation from war, death, destruction, etc. Instead of being recognized as a hero, he must leave behind his life and start a new one to hide from the Chinese.

Season 5 - The Chinese capture him after a very trying day, where he lost several of his close friends, among them the only ones who knew he was still alive (Palmer, Michelle, and, supposedly, Tony). 

Season 6 - He has just killed his brother, lost his father (was betrayed by him actually), and now loses his girlfriend because being around her will only bring her further harm...and she can't even remember who he is.

Season 7 - He's on the verge of death (this is one of the most touching, best scenes I've ever seen), and he may put his daughter through too much pain for him.

Season 8 - He's a wanted man, and despite all he has ever done for the nation, he must go into hiding for the most powerful politicians and militaries of the world will hunt him and kill him, despite his efforts to preserve the greater good. The most touching moment is when he tells Chloe that he never thought she would be the one who would have his back all those years. 

Damn, he never can have it easy. 

• Like 3