CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Starring Box Office Poison Michael Fassbender.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I think it looks pretty good, but Fassbender is box office poison.

Just now, CJohn said:

It has Mr MegaBomb himself as the lead tho.

An A+ string of posts right here.

• Haha 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I just read the premise for The Pact next year and that shit could be kinda funny!

"3 parents team up to prevent their daughters losing their virginities on prom night" starring John Cena :lol:

lmao that movie sounds hilarious from the premise alone.  I think it could be a hit and probably break 100M.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I just read the premise for The Pact next year and that shit could be kinda funny!

"3 parents team up to prevent their daughters losing their virginities on prom night" starring John Cena :lol:

This seems hilarious. It could be the next Neighbors.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

An A+ string of posts right here.

i don't think it matters who stars. there's plenty of fans of the book....adults who like fassbender. and i didn't hear any protests about his casting. anyway, i think it can do 20M OW. people want to see this type of movie

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao that won't happen :lol: Best case is 30-35M.

Worst Case is $25M, best case is $50M. There's been no big $250M+ animated movie this year outside of DM3 and that barely did over DM1, Emoji and CU have failed, Cars 3 is doing sub $160M, and TNJ2 and Leap combined should be around $55M or less. And even though Lego Batman was a disappointment, which although had hype was never going to capture superhero movie fans but the younger ones, the Lego franchise is still strong. Ninjago is one of Lego's bestsellers too. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Worst Case is $25M, best case is $50M. There's been no big $250M+ animated movie this year outside of DM3 and that barely did over DM1, Emoji and CU have failed, Cars 3 is doing sub $160M, and TNJ2 and Leap combined should be around $55M or less. And even though Lego Batman was a disappointment, the Lego franchise is still strong.

Lego Ninjago has zero hype. In order to get a 40M OW, it needs to generate interest among older audiences.

• Like 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

I love Fassbender but he (like Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba and Ryan Reynolds) is an actor stupidly-overestimated by Social Media and the GA shrugs their shoulders at.

I'd attribute Gosling's lack of BIG hits outside of a few movies to the fact he goes a bit more arthouse. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lego Ninjago has zero hype. In order to get a 40M OW, it needs to generate interest among older audiences.

Just like no hype for Boss Baby, or Trolls, or Peanuts, KFP3, Angry Birds, or either of the Hotel Transylvanias. WB will ramp up the marketing. The reason there was a huge hype for Lego Batman on here was that we thought it'd be the next $300M+ grosser since it had Batman as the lead and going by Lego Movie goodwill. It acted more like a superhero movie than an animated one. Even though, animated superhero movies except under Disney/Pixar never do well.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1