CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

September has the right balance IMO. It, Kingsman, and mother! will be the big three of the month, and Ninjago, American Made, and potentially Home Again will provide solid mid-range numbers. October 20 has waaaay too many movies taking the spotlight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And that's why I'm currently predicting a Lights Out-type run. I think it'll be fun IF IT EMBRACES THE GOOFINESS.

I'm seeing that shit OD no matter what.  It'll be fun as hell because Friday the 13th and all and it'll probably be packed with screaming 11 year olds and unintentional comedy in the film itself

• Like 3

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

I'm seeing that shit OD no matter what.  It'll be fun as hell because Friday the 13th and all and it'll probably be packed with screaming 11 year olds and unintentional comedy in the film itself

Not sure how bad the ushers at your theatre are but idk why tf there would be a bunch of 11 year olds in there

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

September has the right balance IMO. It, Kingsman, and mother! will be the big three of the month, and Ninjago, American Made, and potentially Home Again will provide solid mid-range numbers. October 20 has waaaay too many movies taking the spotlight.

You're overestimating mother! dude (and probably underestimating Ninjago)

• Like 2

Blade Runner: 40/100

My Little Pony: 20/55

Mountain Between Us: 15/50

Happy Death Day: 20/60

The Foreigner: 7/20

Marshall: 4/10

TYLER PERRY'S BOO 2! A MADEA HALLOWEN: 20/52

The Snowman: 10/30

Geostorm: 10/25

Only the Brave: 8/25

Same Kind of Different as Me: 3/9

Suburbicon: 20/70

Jigsaw: 20/45

Thank You for Your Service: 15/60

Just now, Alli said:

@WrathOfHan you're severely underestimating The Snowman. It's a thriller accessible to the masses

My best friend's parents are huge fans of the book and author. Three of my managers have read the book, as well as my uncle (who I didn't even know reads lmao).

I guess there is some sort of older fan base out there, I'd be surprised if it opened lower than 15M

3 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

That would drive me nuts :lol: But it also might be fun? Hmm

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You're overestimating mother! dude (and probably underestimating Ninjago)

giphy.gif

• Like 1