CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

lol, I ended up being the only person there for the final end credits scene. The usher was asking for my thoughts on the movie as I left :lol: 

Re trailers: mother!, Jigsaw, and It had the best reactions. mother! and It had dead silence during them and murmurs at the end, while Jigsaw had the younger people chattering about what it was and even the seniors somewhat engaged. If this is opening to 40M, I'll bump It's OW to 60-65M.

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The salt when Annabelle tops 3 consecutive weekends will be amazing.

I don't really care! It's cool that The Conjuring brings so many people out. Stay pressed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This may be my Lego Movie bias speaking but I'm starting to think Ninjago will outgross Kingsman 2.

I think it'll be another 22JS/HTTYD2 situation where the live action sequel beats the animated film

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think it'll be another 22JS/HTTYD2 situation where the live action sequel beats the animated film

If both end up over $150M domestic, I'm good.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Ninjago's gonna flop.

Captain Underpants numbers at best.

There's no real reason I would see under $80M for Ninjago, the family market was so barren this summer.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, a2knet said:

The most I can see is around 16 OD/36 OW.

4 + 12 + 12 + 8 (-33%) = 36

Then 2.2x gives 79 Dom.

Lol. Yeah, sure. It is going to have the same multiple of the hated first movie, despite playing in summer, having a whole month to itself, plus better reception. It's more likely it reaches $100m than it having a 2.2x.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle can probably get around a 2.7-2.8x even with some frontloading.

conj1 3.28x

anna1 2.27x

conj2 2.53x

I don't think anna2 can beat conj2's 2.53x. anna2 gonna have bigger previews but smaller ow than conj2 : not a good formula when it comes to legs.

2.3x (same as anna1) means it will have defeated sequlitis and yearly front-loading thanks to superior word of mouth. that itself would be some achievement. 

High-end imo 37 ow * 2.3x = 85 dom. (obviously a fantastic number)

Low-end probably 32 * 2.1 = 67. (still a great number)

Middle of those two gives 34.5 * 2.2 = 76 (between great and fantastic :lol:)

Stellar preview number for Annabelle! The movie wasn't perfect, by any means, but the audience is going to love it.

Really curious about what the OW will look like. Can it reach $40M? Will it be extremely front loaded on Friday? We'll see.