CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Just now, filmlover said:

(Fassbender has been unlucky in his leading man choices, but he would still easily find work overseas if the roles here eventually stopped coming).

I know for a fact Fassbender doing X-Men: First Class (and its sequels via contractual obligation) was more a decision advised to him by his representation. "Do this and your name will be able to get financing on the stuff you really want to do, like that slave movie you and McQueen have been talking about!"

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Random question: does THB have a post credits scene?

I didn't stay throughout because I figured even if there would be one they wouldn't show it in the screening BUT apparently there's a little something in the credits that I missed out on 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, Reynolds is the only actor in that group that I would say has really chased stardom. The other four have mostly been working in either low-key projects that never carried the weight of big expectations at the box office or were part of big films in which they were a piece of a much bigger pie that didn't ask them to flex their starpower muscles (Fassbender has been unlucky in his leading man choices, but he would still easily find work overseas if the roles here eventually stopped coming).

Fassbender will likely still get supporting roles but I could easily see him doing more indie or mid budget projects and maybe do theatre. I'm surprised he hasn't done a play on Broadway or in the West End yet

• Like 1

looooool Nut Job

I put in 7.2 or 7.3M for TDT yet that's still too high :jeb!: 

Pretty good for Glass Castle all things considered. That translates to a PTA between $2,738-3,422. I don't think Lionsgate can expand it much wider like they say they are.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

looooool Nut Job

I put in 7.2 or 7.3M for TDT yet that's still too high :jeb!: 

Pretty good for Glass Castle all things considered. That translates to a PTA between $2,738-3,422. I don't think Lionsgate can expand it much wider like they say they are.

Not even one comment on Annabelle.  It begins

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I don't know why I'm being singled out for not being allowed to join the JL discussion of all people.  The most I've done is make a few comments in jest that I don't think it looks particularly good. 

We will do a poll in the group and let you know the results.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In 2017, Cloudy 2's record for worse opening for a movie in 4,000+ theaters was broken three times, each $10M lower than the next. (Mummy ($31M) then Emoji ($24.5M) then Nut Job ($10M)).

• Like 1

If Annabelle meets in the middle and follows Conjuring 2:

16.5M

14.1M 

10.1M

40.7M Weekend

Don't Breathe:

16.5M

16.3M

10.7M

43.5M Weekend

Annabelle:

16.5M

14.9M

8.2M

39.6M Weekend

Insidious 3:

16.5M

12M

7.3M

35.8M Weekend

I think it holds better than Insidious, but I'm not seeing 40M off of the same Friday number Conjuring 2 got (unless that Friday number increases throughout the evening of course).

With higher previews-to-OD ratio, there's gonna be slightly more frontloading. Butnof that 16-17M range is accurate, it'll definitely match the first movie's opening.