CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Like fuck I'm so so fucking pissed at this movie.

THEY EVEN FUCK UP THAT STAIRWAY FIGHT (that's one of the three highlights but JESUS it has one of the most obviously poor-filmmaking decisions in any action film I've ever seen included with that shot).

Just now, Blankments said:

it has one of the most obviously poor-filmmaking decisions in any action film I've ever seen included with that shot

I'm a bit curious about it (I have some issue with it, but not sure I would go in obviously all time poor type)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Like fuck I'm so so fucking pissed at this movie.

THEY EVEN FUCK UP THAT STAIRWAY FIGHT (that's one of the three highlights but JESUS it has one of the most obviously poor-filmmaking decisions in any action film I've ever seen included with that shot).

Nuttier By Nature has a stair way fight?  Cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I'm a bit curious about it (I have some issue with it, but not sure I would go in obviously all time poor type)

Is spoiler tag discussion alright or are we still under thread ban for that time?

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's been 2 weeks, so you're good.

5 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

It's been two weeks, you're good

alright

So that scene is easily the best part of the film for a variety of reasons, but it cuts literally 30 seconds before when it should for maximum impact. Why do we need to see three different angles of a crash of some nobody henchman? The coolest look at it anyway is from the interior of the car right before the cut! This prevents the T-boning of the car into the river from being visceral; imagine cutting right after the car gets hit out of nowhere from the side. That would make the ending of that shot sing so much better, instead the bizarre abrupt ending of the car behind them crashing

This was legit the first thing I said to my friends after the movie, and although I still think the scene all around is very good, it gets me mad that it doesn't stick the landing at all IMO

Edited by Blankments

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros probably knows it's a dud but they're only distributing it so it's no real loss to them but it'll be Skydance's second flop of the year.

I'll be surprised if they give it much of a marketing push as well. It seems like the kind of the film they'd dump.

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

alright

Hide contents

So that scene is 

easily the best part of the film for a variety of reasons, but it cuts literally 30 seconds before when it should for maximum impact. Why do we need to see three different angles of a crash of some nobody henchman? The coolest look at it anyway is from the interior of the car right before the cut! This prevents the T-boning of the car into the river from being visceral; imagine cutting right after the car gets hit out of nowhere from the side. That would make the ending of that shot sing so much better, instead the bizarre abrupt ending of the car behind them crashing

This was legit the first thing I said to my friends after the movie, and although I still think the scene all around is very good, it gets me mad that it doesn't stick the landing at all IMO

That's such a nitpick lmao

• Like 1

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

That's such a nitpick lmao

HOW IS IT A NITPICK IT LITERALLY RUINS THE ENDING OF THAT ENTIRE SEQUENCE

I know it's a nitpick lol, I have more tangible complaints than that but if you're gonna do a fucking 15-minute showy long take in your action movie, you better know when the best time to end it is