CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My benchmark along hasn’t been Mando S2, but Loki.

Anyone have any Loki benchmarks we can look at?  And I suppose, Moon Knight both for recency and because I recall it over-performing expectations on likes/views.

Don't have any 24 hour data or anything but Moon Knight is bigger than Loki in terms of trailer views on YouTube. Loki and Wanda are both at 23m views, Hawkeye at 21m Moon Knight is already at 29m. 

Edit: Mando S1 trailer at 25m and Mando S2 both trailers are 16m, Boba Fett 11m on YouTube.

So Mando S1 and Moon Knight are probably the bets benchmarks, if YouTube is representative of all social media. 

All of this is offical channels, IGN and the like will have millions more views for all. 

Edited by Potiki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My benchmark along hasn’t been Mando S2, but Loki.

Anyone have any Loki benchmarks we can look at?  And I suppose, Moon Knight both for recency and because I recall it over-performing expectations on likes/views.

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Don't have any 24 hour data or anything but Moon Knight is bigger than Loki in terms of trailer views on YouTube. Loki and Wanda are both at 23m views, Hawkeye at 21m Moon Knight is already at 29m. 

I don’t have 24HR numbers but MK hit 1 million likes and 25M views in 6 days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I can't believe people are praising the music. They took John Williams' unforgettable music and just made it sound louder, "with epic choir and power chords". It's trite and tasteless

Trailer music is generally effective when it's over the top like that, it's not supposed to be exactly like it is in the film/show. 

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

Trailer music is generally effective when it's over the top like that, it's not supposed to be exactly like it is in the film/show. 

the trailer is just channeling George “FASTER! MORE INTENSE!!!” Lucas here, so it’s all good. 👍

• Like 1

The prequels used JW,s music in their trailers to great effect without having to resort to these sort of cheap tricks to make it "louder and more epic".

Give the man's music some credit

Edited by Merkel

38 minutes ago, Merkel said:

The prequels used JW,s music in their trailers to great effect without having to resort to these sort of cheap tricks to make it "louder and more epic".

Give the man's music some credit

Maybe folks just disagree with you about it being bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Approx 6 hour counts:

YouTube:

SW YT:    3.7m views 318k likes

IGN:        2.7m views 182k likes

OTHER*:   1.3m views ---- likes

* [Top 15 mirrors not including IGN]

Facebook:  2.0m views     36k likes

Twitter:      6.7m views   98.5k* likes [main channel only]

Instagram: 1.9m views 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’d call the Obi-Wan page the main one for this trailer

*check*

Yes, fair enough.  At 6 hours 40ish minutes, it's 187k likes.  Might just combine the two since it's easy enough to check.

• Like 1

You know, I'm gonna put this in a spoiler box since it's spec:

Spoiler

Anyone want to make a bet that the Grand Inquisitor's "Jedi Can't Help Themselves" speech is NOT referring to Obi-Wan, but some other Jedi they're hunting?  Seems like the kind of misdirection that Lucasfilm would pull here.

I also think that the line "The Jedi Code is like an itch" and "He cannot help it" are not part of the same speech, but cut together to make it look like they are.  Or at least not immediately back-to-back.  Might be why the tonal shift sounds a bit odd between the two lines.

Now if anyone knows the answer to this, I'd rather not know.  But... call it a feeling that there's some famous Lucasfilm Trickeration going down here.

Could be completely off base here, mind.  Just... like I said, a feeling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Maybe folks just disagree with you about it being bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course, it what a discussion forum is all about :) I did not mean any offence to anyone who might enjoy this sort of aproach to the music

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Boba Fett trailer has 324k likes currently. I wonder how long it will take this to surpass. Seems like it will break 150k in hour 1, I don't think any other SW series trailer has come close to that kind of a start. 

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Approx 6 hour counts:

YouTube:

SW YT:    3.7m views 318k likes

IGN:        2.7m views 182k likes

OTHER*:   1.3m views ---- likes

Facebook:  2.0m views     36k likes

Twitter:      6.7m views   98.5k* likes [main channel only]

Instagram: 1.9m views 

Not doing a full update until the 24 hour-ish mark tomorrow, but

Official SW Channel: 374k likes

so probably around an hour after I made my post, or approx the seven hour mark.

Still weirdly bifurcated between the main and IGN though.  Not that I think it'll do it even if I combine the two channels (at 593k combined currently), but this weird split is making any comp against Moon Knight nearly useless.  I even checked IGN's channel for it's MK total and it's sitting at around 55k in likes which makes it a spit in the bucket.

So... I gots nothing.  Luck of the draw?  Being hosted somewhere on some major websites?  Got me.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not doing a full update until the 24 hour-ish mark tomorrow, but

Official SW Channel: 374k likes

so probably around an hour after I made my post, or approx the seven hour mark.

Still weirdly bifurcated between the main and IGN though.  Not that I think it'll do it even if I combine the two channels (at 593k combined currently), but this weird split is making any comp against Moon Knight nearly useless.  I even checked IGN's channel for it's MK total and it's sitting at around 55k in likes which makes it a spit in the bucket.

So... I gots nothing.  Luck of the draw?  Being hosted somewhere on some major websites?  Got me.

small update :)

YouTube:

SW YT:    3.7m views 318k likes          5.9m views 359k likes

IGN:        2.7m views 182k likes          4.2m views  221k likes

OTHER*:   1.3m views ---- likes           2.3m view

Facebook:  2.0m views     36k likes    3.7m views 42k likes

Twitter:      6.7m views   98.5k* likes [main channel only] 8.5m views  109k likes

Instagram: 1.9m views 2.5mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 27.1 mil views

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

small update :)

YouTube:

SW YT:    3.7m views 318k likes          5.9m views 359k likes

IGN:        2.7m views 182k likes          4.2m views  221k likes

OTHER*:   1.3m views ---- likes           2.3m view

Facebook:  2.0m views     36k likes    3.7m views 42k likes

Twitter:      6.7m views   98.5k* likes [main channel only] 8.5m views  109k likes

Instagram: 1.9m views 2.5mil views 

TOGETHER +- : 27.1 mil views

I got 27.9m on my homesheet. 😛   (slightly different "OTHER" YT vids - everything else is pretty much the same ;))

(also, I think your "like" count on the YT main is off by about 20k, but that's splitting hairs)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I got 27.9m on my homesheet. 😛   (slightly different "OTHER" YT vids - everything else is pretty much the same ;))

(also, I think your "like" count on the YT main is off by about 20k, but that's splitting hairs)

yep 379 likes :) on main YT :)

anyway 30mil views is around the corner, I wonder how high this can go :)

• Like 1