CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

The new planet/city looks awesome

From EW:

McGregor is all cloaked up again as Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he's got places to go... like the new planet of Daiyu, which "sort of has a Hong Kong feel to it," says writer Joby Harold. "It's got a graffiti-ridden nightlife, and is kind of edgy. It's just got a different lane and a different feeling."

• Like 4

Trailer view count 90+min later:

IGN:                   891k views

SW YT Channel: 219k views.

Never change, YouTube, never change. :hahaha:

(for folks just joining us, YT is notorious for not updating its view counter correctly when vids first drop)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Was never gonna be light and frothy, but it's tacking some deeper SW conflicts immediately in the promotion of the series.  It was always gonna be on the more exploring philosophical side, but that they're shooting right out of the gate with it

Somewhat related to this line of thought, but I wonder if a dejected Obi-Wan is talking to a certain someone when he says, “The fight is over. We lost.” 👀

• Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Trailer view count 90+min later:

IGN:                   891k views

SW YT Channel: 219k views.

Never change, YouTube, never change. :hahaha:

(for folks just joining us, YT is notorious for not updating its view counter correctly when vids first drop)

Six minutes later as I type this up, 947k and 460k respectively, so the view counter is starting to catch up.  Still hilarious how YT is so bad at this so many years later.

FWIW, the like counter is:

IGN:        86k

SW YT:  197k

That would suggest about 2.1m views on the SW YT account if the ratio of likes to views are similar.

I could see the SW channel having a higher like to view ratio, so not an exact science, but perhaps a decent road map?

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Six minutes later as I type this up, 947k and 460k respectively, so the view counter is starting to catch up.  Still hilarious how YT is so bad at this so many years later.

FWIW, the like counter is:

IGN:        86k

SW YT:  197k

That would suggest about 2.1m views on the SW YT account if the ratio of likes to views are similar.

I could see the SW channel having a higher like to view ratio, so not an exact science, but perhaps a decent road map?

ING YT  1,449,434 views ? wow

• Like 1

Think something's still screwy over at YT with their counts, but at approx 3 hours:

YouTube:

SW Main: 1747k | 249k likes

IGN:          1431k | 129k likes

Twitter:     4.9m views

Don't know how to get the Facebook numbers as I rarely use it and I don't have an account anyway.

EDIT:::

Looks like 1.3m views on Instagram if I'm reading the box right.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Think something's still screwy over at YT with their counts, but at approx 3 hours:

YouTube:

SW Main: 1747k | 249k likes

IGN:          1431k | 129k likes

Twitter:     4.9m views

Don't know how to get the Facebook numbers as I rarely use it and I don't have an account anyway.

EDIT:::

Looks like 1.3m views on Instagram if I'm reading the box right.

FB SW main : 854k  30k likes

INSTA SW 1 369 288 views

EDIT : FB SW 1mil

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deborah Chow is going to absolutely nail this!

It makes me glad everything worked out the way it did and this ended being a limited series rather than a movie, also think the longer run time will allow for some real cool character moments especially between Vader/Ani and Kenobi. 

33 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

PT score is the best SW score. Great teaser. This will be the biggest D+ show ever. 

My benchmark along hasn’t been Mando S2, but Loki.

Anyone have any Loki benchmarks we can look at?  And I suppose, Moon Knight both for recency and because I recall it over-performing expectations on likes/views.

Edited by Porthos

8 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Deborah Chow is going to absolutely nail this!

It makes me glad everything worked out the way it did and this ended being a limited series rather than a movie, also think the longer run time will allow for some real cool character moments especially between Vader/Ani and Kenobi. 

And maaaaaaaaaybe if everyone really enjoyed making this we can get another Kenobi series down the line.:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1