CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

50 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Tobey and Hayden are basically on the same timeline, and Hamill’s clock is ticking. I say they make things happen in the 2020s ;) 

That would require LFL to make more than one SW movie every three years.  I know you're used to one film every three months, but some studios are on different schedules.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That would require LFL to make more than one SW movie every three years.  I know you're used to one film every three months, but some studios are on different schedules.

Secret Feige project confirmed at last :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Always in motion, the future is.

Honestly, could just be a case of "when it's ready" as much as anything else.

(FWIW, what started all of this was a Disney employee involved in marketing accidentally saying that Kenobi was coming to D+ in May, before 1) hurriedly backtracking and 2) setting their Twitter account to private)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, Porthos said:

Always in motion, the future is.

Honestly, could just be a case of "when it's ready" as much as anything else.

(FWIW, what started all of this was a Disney employee involved in marketing accidentally saying that Kenobi was coming to D+ in May, before 1) hurriedly backtracking and 2) setting their Twitter account to private)

I imagine they'll want this out before the Emmy deadline (June 1) so that it can qualify and pick up nominations, especially when McGregor is the reigning Limited Series/Movie Actor winner.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I imagine they'll want this out before the Emmy deadline (June 1) so that it can qualify and pick up nominations, especially when McGregor is the reigning Limited Series/Movie Actor winner.

Does a series have to end by the deadline?  Coz the last rumormongering had it at six episodes which, unless they double up somewhere, takes the finale into June.

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Does a series have to end by the deadline?  Coz the last rumormongering had it at six episodes which, unless they double up somewhere, takes the finale into June.

The Emmys have some wonky rules but it seems they are willing to extend a bit under certain conditions. From one of the most recent press releases for the 2020-2021 season:

14d. Hanging episodes/parts eligibility for limited or anthology series: To qualify for eligibility in the current eligibility year, the limited or anthology series must premiere on a national platform. If the limited or anthology series has one or more episodes/parts that fall into the subsequent eligibility year, and those episodes/parts are not able to be posted on a platform available to Television Academy members by May 31, then the complete limited or anthology series, along with the individual achievements, will be eligible in the subsequent eligibility year. Any limited or anthology series episodes, including the finale, posted on a platform available to Television Academy members to meet the May 31 eligibility requirement must air nationally prior to the start of nominations-round voting (June 17)

ACADEMY OF TELEVISION (emmys.com)

So the May 4th premiere would make sense under those conditions, if they hold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Emmys have some wonky rules but it seems they are willing to extend a bit under certain conditions. From one of the most recent press releases for the 2020-2021 season:

ACADEMY OF TELEVISION (emmys.com)

So the May 4th premiere would make sense under those conditions, if they hold.

If I read that right, that would require them to allow access to the members the finale (and the next to last episode as well [I accidentally was counting from Tuesday instead of Wednesday) ahead of time, and this IS Lucasfilm we're talking about, so... 😛

Mind, it does appear that any individual episodes could still qualify, but I'm pretty sure the series as a whole/awards for folks involved in the series as a whole still get punted to the next year.

It's the bit that says, paraphrasing and shortening, "if episodes aren't available for viewing by May 31st, then the series is eligible the next year" bit that makes me think that.

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Boo bring back Jason

Yeah, was hoping that Jason Isaacs would get the part, if only because he nailed the voice in Rebels.  But I'm willing to give Friend a shot as well (not familiar with him, I have to admit).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, was hoping that Jason Isaacs would get the part, if only because he nailed the voice in Rebels.  But I'm willing to give Friend a shot as well (not familiar with him, I have to admit).

Oh Friend is a solid choice. I just want live action Colonel Tavington in Star Wars (he was my fancast for Thrawn)

• Like 2

LAWL at folks over at SW Leaks (and elsewhere) actually being salty that this isn't releasing on May 4th.

Like, did I call that or what?

(thankfully it appears to be a distinct minority and they're getting downvoted into oblivion, but still... L FUCKING O L)

==

Honestly wouldn't be surprised that it simply wasn't ready by the 4th.  Giving three more weeks for folks to take their time finishing it is a good thing.

Plus, you know, releasing on the real Star Wars Day.

• Like 6