WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

No Saturday numbers? I want Kingsman 2 to hit 40m.

to be safe about 40m, it needs at least a 30% bump from true Friday (11.9).

30% gives 15.5 Sat for a 2-day of 15.3 + 15.5 = 30.8. Sunday then needs 9.2, a 40.6% drop from Sat.

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Kingsman2 has been steady at 76% audience score over the weekend.

Ninjago has gone from 71% to 63% in 3 days. So should end up rotten.

Yikes. Cars 3 has a 72% audience rating, for comparison. What a piss poor year for animation this has been.

Well, 2018 is looking better at least. Even outside of the mainstream zone where we're getting Incredibles 2 and WIR 2, there are a few animation projects that sound very intriguing (obviously Isle Of Dogs, the Laika project that probably will be delayed from May and the Sgt. Stubby animated biopic come to mind).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yikes. Cars 3 has a 72% audience rating, for comparison. What a piss poor year for animation this has been.

Well, 2018 is looking better at least. Even outside of the mainstream zone where we're getting Incredibles 2 and WIR 2, there are a few animation projects that sound very intriguing (obviously Isle Of Dogs, the Laika project that probably will be delayed from May and the Sgt. Stubby animated biopic come to mind).

Grinch could surprise I think. The release date is apt, Illumination has been on a good streak and the Carrey Grinch did insane business. They are going from live-action to animation, the opposite of what Disney is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Grinch could surprise I think. The release date is apt, Illumination has been on a good streak and the Carrey Grinch did insane business. They are going from live-action to animation, the opposite of what Disney is doing.

I'm talking strictly quality here, and I don't trust Illumination for that. And they've already screwed up a Dr. Seuss adaptation with The Lorax before, soooo.... but I don't doubt that The Grinch will be a huge hit. I don't get the "300M+ DOM is a lock" predictions that I've read, because it really isn't due to the competition it has to face that could kill its legs a little bit - not to mention I thought at least one of Moana and Sing was a surefire thing to hit those numbers and neither did - but I would call it a strong possibility if anything.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

grinch-20001911.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm talking strictly quality here, and I don't trust Illumination for that. And they've already screwed up a Dr. Seuss adaptation with The Lorax before, soooo.... but I don't doubt that The Grinch will be a huge hit. I don't get the "300M+ DOM is a lock" predictions that I've read, because it really isn't due to the competition it has to face that could kill its legs a little bit - not to mention I thought at least one of Moana and Sing was a surefire thing to hit those numbers and neither did - but I would call it a strong possibility if anything.

I haven't enjoyed Illumination movies much but did like The Lorax (that and DM1). 

I think out of Grinch, WiR2 and Animated Spiderman, the last one is most vulnerable. Grinch does have curiosity going for it. 300 is hardly locked but it's the only one of these 3 with a shot at 300 imo.

• Like 2

I like DM1, I don't mind DM2 or Sing, and that's about it for me when it comes to Illumination. The rest is either painfully mediocre or outright sucktastic.

I tolerate Blue Sky a lot more, as Ice Age 1 is fine, Ice Age 2&3 are guilty pleasures (4 is Godawful though, and I've never bothered with the 5th), I LOVE Peanuts Movie, and Rio 1&2 are charming enough. Hell, I can even count more Sony Animation movies I enjoy. Cloudy 1&2, Hotel Transylvania 1&2 (they're not great but they're fun, way better than Sandler's live action outputs), and I've never seen Surf's Up but I've been told it's good too.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I like DM1, I don't mind DM2 or Sing, and that's about it for me when it comes to Illumination. The rest is either painfully mediocre or outright sucktastic.

I tolerate Blue Sky a lot more, as Ice Age 1 is fine, Ice Age 2&3 are guilty pleasures (4 is Godawful though, and I've never bothered with the 5th), I LOVE Peanuts Movie, and Rio 1&2 are charming enough. Hell, I can even count more Sony Animation movies I enjoy. Cloudy 1&2, Hotel Transylvania 1&2 (they're not great but they're fun, way better than Sandler's live action outputs), and I've never seen Surf's Up but I've been told it's good too.

it's really good. give it a try. aardman films, cloudys and surf's up are the best from sony animations - and better than most other animations including a lot of pixar - imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

it's really good. give it a try. aardman films, cloudys and surf's up are the best from sony animations - and better than most other animations including a lot of pixar - imo.

Even the HT are pure fun and decent watches. It's just that everything else is kind of forgettable to garbage.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, B D Joe said:

People on this site are going way too easy on it.  "LOL it's fun."

Its more than that.  I love the characters, the ridiculous plot line, the very well choreographed action, the comedy...and all of that makes it a fun time at the movies.  Just because it's fun doesn't mean it's bad lmao.

sometimes Deadline uses it's own number (probably due to good inside sources) instead of the estimates officially released by the studio. they are using 15.2 instead of 15.325 from Kingsman's Friday. they have often been right about it.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Even the HT are pure fun and decent watches. It's just that even thing else is kind of forgettable to garbage.

yeah i have to watch HTs. never came around to watching them cause i don't like Sandler's movies at all. 

Sony has truly put out some garbage. my favorite and my most hated animations both are from them.

• Like 1