Boxofficerules

Strangers: Prey At Night March 9th 2018, Full trailer released

Strangers-Prey-At-Night-First-Image.jpg?A family’s road trip takes a dangerous turn when they arrive at a secluded mobile home park to stay with some relatives and find it mysteriously deserted. Under the cover of darkness, three masked psychopaths pay them a visit to test the family’s every limit as they struggle to survive.

After 10 years we’re finally getting a sequel to the surprise hit from 2008.

Edited by Boxofficerules
Title change

On 14/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Krissykins said:

I like the poster.

That play on “prey/pray” is decent. 

If they got Kidnap to $30m after leaking online a year before I’m sure they can manage that with Strangers. My only hope is that it doesn’t go straight to Netflix in the UK like Kidnap did. 

Seems we’re the only two that care about this movie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Seems we’re the only two that care about this movie.

Make that three. ;)

I mean, I care about how it does for the distributor's sake. It'd be cool for Aviron to gain the confidence to distribute better films.

I mean, this stands out among the other four new releases on its April opening weekend by being the only horror film, that is for sure.

• Like 1

I think the budget will be too small for the film to fail, to be honest.

I also think the decade-spanning separation between this sequel and its preceding film will work in the film's favor. I don't think people are dumb or anything, but I think some moviegoers might forget this is a sequel at all, meaning they won't feel too alienated from the film, which is only loosely based off the first one anyway.

But this film will have competition from A Quiet Place and New Mutants. Hopefully Aviron can compete.

If you don't count Annihilation, Strangers: Prey at Night is the first horror film since Winchester; that's more than a month apart for wide-release horror. So if the film is getting trailer view numbers in the 13 million range, then I think this'll do fine.

I mean, Aviron propelled Kidnap to $30 million. They'll make this work.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2018 at 9:45 AM, baumer said:

This trailer at least makes this one look better than the horrible first one. 

I thought The Strangers was really effective.

That’s great news about the trailer views. Although I take them with a pinch of salt. At least the trailer is being watched. Haven’t watched the most recent trailer, I’ll go in fresh.