Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

After seeing Paddigton, the fact that it was ignored on the top 25 and the BOFFIES angers me

I hope the sequel makes all the money so we can have Sally Hawkins ruling both the box office and awards season (though she's probably not winning) at the same time.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I hope the sequel makes all the money so we can have Sally Hawkins ruling both the box office and awards season (though she's probably not winning) at the same time.

Maybe Paddington 2 will be the opposite of Norbit and give her the Oscar gold. 🤔

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Also, I learned that Meghan Trainor is engaged to Daryl Sabara (yes, of the Spy Kids films from the early 2000s). Wut.

Good Lord where has he been? Last time I saw him in anything was John Carter.

Wasn't going to send my ballot with funniest poster, but after Pink's pm I might reconsider this. 

Brother Nolanite is desperate and one of the Nolan teachings is that brothers should help each other out. It's in the bible.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Done with Black Mirror S4. Really liked all of the episodes except Arkangel. Good stuff! 

Arkangel was... odd. 

Spoiler

The episode revolves around something that is clearly child abuse. They allude to it being so controversial that the system is banned in Europe and will be fully outlawed in the US soon but there's no repercussions for the mother doing this to her child. It's an awful thing to do, clearly there's some societal pushback so why exactly does mum get away with what she has done? The psychiatrist does nothing, the grandfather says nothing. 

Still not as ridiculous as the killer bees episode from season 3. Someone's controlling small drones to murder people and instead of immediately shutting the system down and alerting the media and the public the police hang about for days and do nothing??? The episode could've been over in 20 minutes but they stretch that shit out for an hour and a half.

• Like 1

I liked the idea of Arkangel (not like, the actual idea of the tech in it cause that was fucked but the use of it as a plot device for an episode) but the execution was wack. Didn't really work at all for me. 

Spoiler

Points for the least convincing casting of a 15 year old ever though.