Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Most of that stuff is an hour+ away. My mom said she'll let me explore more once I turn 18, but honestly, I don't believe anything she says. I know she's just going to restrict me back and talk me out of doing stuff alone.

Damn I keep forgetting you're a toddler. Well, I say forget it. You have to make your parents understand. At 18 you shouldn't have to ask permission. You tell her you're feeling bogged down and want to go spend a day in Tampa to unwind. You're her baby, but you're not a baby.

I'm not saying go wild, throw away your money, and run to Coachella and Burning Man, do acid, and get an infection from some faux-bohemian. But I am saying utilize what you got, and you got Florida. You're not 21 so you can't get full benefits, but you can still go enjoy yourself and get some culture. Seems like you live in the everyday USA part of Florida, so a quick fix would be you/yall spending more time in the unique places.

Being happy is a part of being healthy and if you're not happy, you have to make that known. Your parents are the last ones who should try restricting your happiness. It's good that you're 17 at least, I'd feel much more sorry for you if you were say 22. You still have plenty of time, you haven't even peeked yet, but just focus on getting yourself healthy.

No matter where you live there's always something to do and someone to do it with. Even kids who live in middle of nowhere Illinois can go find some fun in jerking corn. (Literally).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Damn I keep forgetting you're a toddler. Well, I say forget it. You have to make your parents understand. At 18 you shouldn't have to ask permission. You tell her you're feeling bogged down and want to go spend a day in Tampa to unwind. You're her baby, but you're not a baby.

I'm not saying go wild, throw away your money, and run to Coachella and Burning Man, do acid, and get an infection from some faux-bohemian. But I am saying utilize what you got, and you got Florida. You're not 21 so you can't get full benefits, but you can still go enjoy yourself and get some culture. Seems like you live in the everyday USA part of Florida, so a quick fix would be you/yall spending more time in the unique places.

Being happy is a part of being healthy and if you're not happy, you have to make that known. Your parents are the last ones who should try restricting your happiness. It's good that you're 17 at least, I'd feel much more sorry for you if you were say 22. You still have plenty of time, you haven't even peeked yet, but just focus on getting yourself healthy.

No matter where you live there's always something to do and someone to do it with. Even kids who live in middle of nowhere Illinois can go find some fun in jerking corn. (Literally).

What @Jandrew is saying, is live life like you're Jason Mendoza.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

:bravo: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Most of that stuff is an hour+ away. My mom said she'll let me explore more once I turn 18, but honestly, I don't believe anything she says. I know she's just going to restrict me back and talk me out of doing stuff alone.

How much longer until you can move out and go to college.  

1 minute ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

How much longer until you can move out and go to college.  

55 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not transferring until the spring at the earliest and likely fall 2019 :( It'll be impossible for me to sign up for classes when the final transcript won't be ready until like a week before classes begin. I'm trapped here for quite a bit unfortunately.

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

You are still in high school technically until spring 2019 right?  Do you plan to move into a dorm in college?

I don't know how many times I've told you this: I graduated high school early in the spring last year.

Idk if i'll be dorming or off campus. All depends what uni i go to

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't know how many times I've told you this: I graduated high school early in the spring last year.

Idk if i'll be dorming or off campus. All depends what uni i go to

So I do not understand why don’t you move to a school this fall? Do you want to complete your AA first before attending college for bachelors program? Since you can transfer but you not get alll the credits you want to transfer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just submitted my last assignment of the week; Spring Break is now in session 

Oh lord, don't go to Miami Beach. The things I've seen online this week...

Go to PCB or South Padre.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

So I do not understand why don’t you move to a school this fall? Do you want to complete your AA first before attending college for bachelors program? Since you can transfer but you not get alll the credits you want to transfer. 

A lot of schools need the final transcript for transfers before you can sign up for classes. I still need to take summer classes, and the problem is that it'll take a couple of weeks for transcripts to be processed. By the time I'm accepted, it'll be too late.

10 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Oh lord, don't go to Miami Beach. The things I've seen online this week...

Go to PCB or South Padre.

I'm not planning on going anywhere outside of the movies unless Universal decides to soft open Fast and Furious so :sadno: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just listened to a Disney Podcast and the discussion switched to Galaxy’s Edge.

It’s about the 17 minute mark

https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/ep-151-history-of-indiana-jones-and-star-wars-in-disney-theme-parks

Guess what’s on the menu when that part opens at Disneyland and Disney Studios

giphy.gif&key=c00810d93c99bfde1d34377d4f

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

Just listened to a Disney Podcast and the discussion switched to Galaxy’s Edge.

It’s about the 17 minute mark

https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/ep-151-history-of-indiana-jones-and-star-wars-in-disney-theme-parks

Guess what’s on the menu when that part opens at Disneyland and Disney Studios

giphy.gif&key=c00810d93c99bfde1d34377d4f

Why am I not surprised.