Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just realised the clocks have gone forward. 3am and I'm not even vaguely tired. Woke up at 3pm today as I got to sleep at 7.30am... really not the day I want the clocks to change. Gonna be up for ages :( 

15 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Easily, because no one wears them. :lol: 

Tell that to Grant Brisbee who has not only admitted to owning one, but wearing it.  IN PUBLIC! :ph34r:

Spoiler

They're actually somewhat popular, believe it or not. :lol:

Can see a smattering of them at both A's and Giants games when they play each other.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Tell that to Grant Brisbee who has not only admitted to owning one, but wearing it.  IN PUBLIC! :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

#trashgrant

(tbh the A’s have been bad for so long they’re not seen as much of a threat)

Leaving my 200-strong blu ray collection behind was one of the hardest decisions when I moved out from my parents. But I only have one room not a huge amount of space, so decided that anything that hadn't been rewatched in the past 12 months didn't need to come with me. So my blu ray collection now consists of:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Warcraft

Kung Fu Panda trilogy

Shrek

Lego Movie

Lord of the Rings

Pacific Rim

Robocop

Starship Troopers

Total Recall

Rock of Ages

Team America

The Room

Warcraft

Baby Driver

@WrathOfHan take your very favourite movies and nothing else. I know this isn't a serious convo but still.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

#trashgrant

(tbh the A’s have been bad for so long they’re not seen as much of a threat)

The Giants/A's rivalry is kinda cute, actually.  For much of the Bay Area, folks will either like one team more than the other but casually root for the other to do well.  But there is a subset of... very vocal A's fans that detest the Giants.

Partially for the Giants success, partially because the A's have stunk for a while.  But a lot of it is tied to the actual San Fran - Oakland/SF - East Bay rivalry.  They also blame Giants Ownership for their own ownerships struggles in getting a new stadium built.  

How crazy are some A's fans?  A subset of a subset are actually pissed the fuck off that the Giants won't let them move out of Oakland to San Jose.  :rofl:

I mean.... THEY ARE PISSED OFF THAT THEIR TEAM ISN'T MOVING OUT OF TOWN!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

(really really Looooooooong story here, actually - so best not to ask)

That's pretty hard core hate right there, if you ask me. :lol:

===

Lately the A's public relations deparment has been trying to foster this Underdog Against The World mentality in general and trying to stoke anti-Giants passion in the particular, as seen by little things like that parking bit last page.

Will it work?  Who knows.  But it's entertaining to see the attempt at least. :)

Edited by Porthos

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The Giants/A's rivalry is kinda cute, actually.  For much of the Bay Area, folks will either like one team more than the other but casually root for the other to do well.  But there is a subset of... very vocal A's fans that detest the Giants.

Partially for the Giants success, partially because the A's have stunk for a while.  But a lot of it is tied to the actual San Fran - Oakland/SF - East Bay rivalry.  They also blame Giants Ownership for their own ownerships struggles in getting a new stadium built.  

How crazy are some A's fans?  A subset of a subset are actually pissed the fuck off that the Giants won't let them move out of Oakland to San Jose.  :rofl:

I mean.... THEY ARE PISSED OFF THAT THEIR TEAM ISN'T MOVING OUT OF TOWN!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

(really really Looooooooong story here, actually - so best not to ask)

That's pretty hard core hate right there, if you ask me. :lol:

===

Lately the A's public relations deparment has been trying to foster this Underdog Against The World mentality in general and trying to stoke anti-Giants passion in the particular, as seen by little things like that parking bit last page.

Will it work?  Who knows.  But it's entertaining to see the attempt at least. :)

I’m anti-SF in baseball and pro-SF in football. :lol: 

• Like 1