Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Jandrew said:

What are people's predicts for this MLB season? Houston repeat? Nats make it out the first round? Will the Braves finally not suck?

Repeating is tough.  Just by random luck it should be the Nats turn.

Hmm.  Five seconds of thought:

NL East: Nats

NL Central: Cubs

NL West: Dodgers

WC1: Brewers

WC2: Mets (Cardinals, Rockies, Diamondbacks all in the mix)

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Indians (don't sleep on the Twins, though)

AL West: Astros

WC1: Red Sox

WC2: Twins

NLWC: Brewers Beat Mets

NLDS1: Dodgers beat Brewers

NLDS2: Nats beat Cubs 

NLCS: Nats beat Dodgers

ALWC: Twins beat Red Sox (shocker!)

ALDS1: Astros beat Twins

ALDS2: Indians beat Yankees

ALCS: Indians beat Astros

WS: Nats beat Indians (in six)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jandrew said:

I don't think I ever shared, but I actually ended up on the news lmao. I went to Chicago for my birthday and was wearing my Nats hat. We were exploring and ended up walking up all the way to Wrigley Field. Turns out the Cubs vs Nats playoff was that night. The local WGN news spotted me, probably the only Nats person they'd seen all day, and they pleaded to interview me.

We got back to the hotel and there I was on the evening news. :lol: I didn't get any threats from Chicago folks either, the news channel spelled my name right, and the lighting made my skin glow. They're really fine people in Chicago, on both sides.

I think I was with you when you got that Nats hat (if my memory serves me well).

10 minutes ago, Empire said:

Brewers have no pitching, so if they are going to make the Wild Card they are going to have to slug their way there. 

I don't have them going past the Dodgers for a reason. :lol:

Also didn't want to be boring and pick the Cards, even with their Devil Magic at play. :unsure:

(also think the DBacks and Rox are gonna fall back to the pack though still be in contention, and no one else in the East excited me, so it was down to the Brew Crew and the Cardinals and I kinda coin flipped it in my head :lol:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I think I was with you when you got that Nats hat (if my memory serves me well).

I mayyyy actually have gotten it from Target in Alexandria. I'm not sure, my memory is fuzzy on that, but I remember that game quite well where we sat by third base. Good times!

• Like 1

Just now, Jandrew said:

I mayyyy actually have gotten it from Target in Alexandria. I'm not sure, my memory is fuzzy on that, but I remember that game quite well where we sat by third base. Good times!

I remember that's when they announced the title for SM:H, and you were frantically trying to update the thread title for the forums :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I remember that's when they announced the title for SM:H, and you were frantically trying to update the thread title for the forums :lol:

Ah updating thread titles. Good times, I remember that. I also remember when I was in Home Depot trying to update numbers in a weekend thread title and everybody kept bitching because of the mistakes. Not MY fault that law and garden has bad cell service. Ungrateful mofos. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't have them going past the Dodgers for a reason. :lol:

Also didn't want to be boring and pick the Cards, even with their Devil Magic at play. :unsure:

(also think the DBacks and Rox are gonna fall back to the pack though still be in contention, and no one else in the East excited me, so it was down to the Brew Crew and the Cardinals and I kinda coin flipped it in my head :lol:)

I actually have the Cards (homer pick) & Rockies winning the wild card spots. 

• Like 1

*watches Garrett Richards give up back-to-back no-doubt-about-it jacks*

Daaaaamn.  The home run record is gonna get SMASHED this year.

(Yes, I know it was smashed last year)

Edited by Porthos