Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just found out there are some absolute morons who are conspiracy theorists who are also anti-vaxxers because they, and I am not kidding, think that the Covid vaccine is giving people AIDS.

Literally too dumb to live, I hope they don't look up with their mouth open when it rains.

There really are some people out there that are thick as pig shit

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Officially putting more troops in regions where they've already unofficially been for the past 8 years is quite different than all the talk these past 3 weeks of 150,000-200,000 Ivans charging towards Kiev through the ashes of a bombed out Ukrainian army.  With that said, recognizing these regions as independent and reinforcing them seems like a dumb move strategically and is undeniably a provocation and escalation by Russia and significantly raises the possibility of all that.  Russia is now the clear aggressor, but that doesn't absolve us of any fault as to how we got here.   A major war in Europe is now very possible, maybe even likely, for the first time in 70 years, hopefully all the hard heads involved are satisfied...Raytheon and oil execs certainly are.

Why cant people just admit when they got things wrong. Instead you're giving us the lowdown, your heads at where we were all at last week

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just found out there are some absolute morons who are conspiracy theorists who are also anti-vaxxers because they, and I am not kidding, think that the Covid vaccine is giving people AIDS.

Literally too dumb to live, I hope they don't look up with their mouth open when it rains.

It was either that or tell their mrs they caught it at the Brothel

10 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Why cant people just admit when they got things wrong. Instead you're giving us the lowdown, your heads at where we were all at last week

If the Russians move beyond territories they've held since 2014, I'll fully admit I was wrong.  I'll even give you this: last week I thought the odds of a shooting war were very low, I think its about 50% now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

If the Russians move beyond territories they've held since 2014, I'll fully admit I was wrong.  I'll even give you this: last week I thought the odds of a shooting war were very low, I think its about 50% now.

This aged well

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well one thing's pretty likely.

The odds of Finland and Sweden fast-tracking application for NATO membership just went up quite a bit.

Wondering why NATO doesn't just admit Ukraine right now and actually see if Putin wants to go to war since he's clearly been the aggressor now.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wondering why NATO doesn't just admit Ukraine right now and actually see if Putin wants to go to war since he's clearly been the aggressor now.

That would be idiotic and be one mistake away from a shooting war with a nuclear power.  Hell, it'd be one sliver shy of declaring war on Russia, de-facto if not de-jure.

Like it or not, the ship has sailed on Ukraine NATO membership.  And will have while there is active military conflict going on between Russia and Ukraine.

Edited by Porthos

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That would be idiotic and be one mistake away from a shooting war with a nuclear power.

Like it or not, the ship has sailed on Ukraine NATO membership.  And will have while there is active military conflict going on between Russia and Ukraine.

At this point, the UN should just be dissolved. It's clear it doesn't work anymore. WW2 caused the league of nations to be disbanded, this Russian invasion should do the same to the UN. 

Giving vetos to singular countries was the single worst idea. Russia is using it now, the US uses it for anything to do with Israel. It's just stupid.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Perhaps not that much has changed since the 20th century.

Things will never change. Life is a total waste as we repeat the same choices every century, only the Earth gets closer and closer to death, entirely by our own selfish doings.

Follow the nihilistic lifestyle. It's the only way you can feel sane these days.