Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Still haven't seen Billboards, but I clicked the spoilers anyway and its intriguing. Keep hearing about this racist stuff. Kind of glad I never paid for it when it finally came to town and I can just rent it for a few quarters next month.

This has been a weak BP slate for me anyway. Post, Water, Phantom Thread, none of them have really piqued me. I've been interested in I Tonya though, and did see All The Way. I should've saw Lady Bird when it was out though, seems like a more arty Eo17.

Just now, Jandrew said:

Still haven't seen Billboards, but I clicked the spoilers anyway and its intriguing. Keep hearing about this racist stuff. Kind of glad I never paid for it when it finally came to town and I can just rent it for a few quarters next month.

This has been a weak BP slate for me anyway. Post, Water, Phantom Thread, none of them have really piqued me. I've been interested in I Tonya though, and did see All The Way. I should've saw Lady Bird when it was out though, seems like a more arty Eo17.

I, Tonya is the worst movie you mentioned in your post by a wide margin :lol: (I know you mean All the Money and not the HBO movie lol)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I'm sorry my spoiler-tag made it sound interesting. It's not so much. :lol: 

POST, WATER, PT are all very good. I, TONYA... not so much (it's okay).

Don't have a clue about LADY BIRD.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Remember the time Disney made a movie out of The Country Bears? I'm pretty sure even they forgot they made that movie.

And they were thinking boy if this Pirates thing doesn’t hit we are fucked

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I, Tonya is the worst movie you mentioned in your post by a wide margin :lol: (I know you mean All the Money and not the HBO movie lol)

Don't care, it looked the most interested, though I'm not all for the Harding glorification either. This season is just overall weak to me, excluding Get Out and Dunkirk, which don't feel that traditional.

Looking at 2017, that was definitely a much better and intriguing year for me. Lion, Hidden Figures, Hell or Highwater, Arrival, Fences, even La La Land, as bad as it was, was still a somewhat energetic.

• Like 1

Just now, Jandrew said:

Don't care, it looked the most interested, though I'm not all for the Harding glorification either. This season is just overall weak to me, excluding Get Out and Dunkirk, which don't feel that traditional.

Looking at 2017, that was definitely a much better and intriguing year for me. Lion, Hidden Figures, Hell or Highwater, Arrival, Fences, even La La Land, as bad as it was, was still a somewhat energetic.

The worst nominee this year (Darkest Hour) is way better than last year's bottom 3 IMO (Hacksaw/Hidden Figures/Lion)

Just now, DAR said:

And they were thinking boy if this Pirates thing doesn’t hit we are fucked

The early 2000s were something of a dark period for Disney. They had to play catch-up with other studios starting to take the spotlight like DWA did with Shrek (man is it easy to forget how daring that movie was back in the day before every family film started copying its subversive tone).

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The worst nominee this year (Darkest Hour) is way better than last year's bottom 3 IMO (Hacksaw/Hidden Figures/Lion)

Well I can't necessarily speak on quality, because I haven't seen them yet. I'm speaking on personal interest. Last year I was much more interested and invested in the nominees. This year, not so much. Couldn't build up the energy to go see Billboards when I finally got it. Preferred Paddington instead. 

Didn't even realize the oscars is this sunday, thought I had missed it.

• Like 1