Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly though i don't get why DAMN got more acclaim than To Pimp A Butterfly. is it just because it actually had hit singles? idk.

I think it's like an afterglow thing. 

(Not that DAMN isn't fantastic but To Pimp is totally better.)

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't have any active social media accounts. Do I win?

No Twitter, FB, Instagram or Snapchat? 

I think this works for an older person but if you are a millennial and you are not on any social media, I would really feel out of the loop.

Without social media, I would have no idea what some of my friends and family members were up to that I don't see too often or have a hard time getting invested in certain groups like I am apart of like Toastmasters as they really use social media. 

I am not saying it is bad not to be apart of social media...

However the more I think about it is become rather necessary to stay relevant socially these days. (networking and all). 

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

A BOT account is a social media account.

I get it if you are a popular figure. One for the public, one for close friends and family. Otherwise it seems silly.

I get if you are famous but other wise it is pointless.  I know one person who has public official account and private account. 

So so if someone on this board becomes famous can they have two accounts. Like if Steven Spielberg joined could he gave official account where he could answer questions about his movies and a private account where he could post about box office. 

28 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

are internet forums as big and spread out as they once were?  

Slate.com did a fascinating article on Fandom Migration over the years.  Discusses how the platforms have changed, for better and worse; and just has devastating the loss of LiveJournal really was.  It's also amazing to see what Fandoms refuse to die:

hwerk0.png