Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, Florida Project is leaving on Tuesday here. I might go see it tomorrow if I feel like it.

OTOH, Three Billboards is coming next week :) 

Same. What I love is that the multiplex closest to me that is my main movie place (which gets arthouse titles before they go wide) has half of their 20 screens closed due to lounger chair project on the left side but is passing on wide releases that obviously sell anywhere nearly as well (or well at all) in comparison to the specialty titles, like this weekend where we're getting Lady Bird over The Star (they're gonna be super selective around Christmas, when they're already booked to get The Shape of Water and Call Me by Your Name - unless they flop or underperform in limited release, which they won't).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Same. What I love is that the multiplex closest to me that is my main movie place (which gets arthouse titles before they go wide) has half of their 20 screens closed due to lounger chair project on the left side but is passing on wide releases that obviously sell anywhere nearly as well (or well at all) in comparison to the specialty titles, like this weekend where we're getting Lady Bird over The Star (they're gonna be super selective around Christmas, when they're already booked to get The Shape of Water and Call Me by Your Name - unless they flop or underperform in limited release, which they won't).

Unfortunately my local chain is sticking Lady Bird at their shitty theater (small screens+bad seats=nope), so I'm holding out hope my AMC gets it next week too.

Hey everyone! Please check out the weekly radio show/ podcast of The Ticket Stub. It's a fun local radio show in the Houston area that has a few guys talking about films and having a good time. This weeks show you can see me (Vanilla) as the guest. You all should check it out. 

• Like 5